Chamber of Commerce

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Rose

Reaction score
Just thought I'd follow on from another thread last week about BNI.

I went along this morning to our local C of C breakfast meeting which proved to be quite fruitful.

Not only did I win a bottle of Champagne in the raffle :green: BUT one of the other members I chat with works in PR & she's invited me to talk on our local radio next week :eek: as she's doing something to do with Children in Need.

We're introducing a new treatment this week so it will be a good opportunity to talk about it.

For all those moaning minnies out there (& all you positive guys & gals of course) I'd say joining your local C of C is a great way of raising your profile without it costing the earth.

In our line of work where people skills are key, these networking groups are good for geeks to gain more confidence in that area, as I think that is perhaps were some may be lacking.

Great idea Cogsi!
Also check out your local business networking groups. I went to one the other night; it cost £5 and so far I've had £30's worth of business out of it, with another appointment booked for a facial (£45). And I had a lovely evening to boot!

Just thought I'd follow on from another thread last week about BNI.

I went along this morning to our local C of C breakfast meeting which proved to be quite fruitful.

Not only did I win a bottle of Champagne in the raffle :green: BUT one of the other members I chat with works in PR & she's invited me to talk on our local radio next week :eek: as she's doing something to do with Children in Need.

We're introducing a new treatment this week so it will be a good opportunity to talk about it.

For all those moaning minnies out there (& all you positive guys & gals of course) I'd say joining your local C of C is a great way of raising your profile without it costing the earth.

In our line of work where people skills are key, these networking groups are good for geeks to gain more confidence in that area, as I think that is perhaps were some may be lacking.

My thoughts exactly and very well put!

So many therapists just work as therapists and dont do the business side too. Thats often the big difference between those that fail and those that don't!

If you dont work on your business then you wont attract new customers!

Kate

Great idea Cogsi!
Also check out your local business networking groups. I went to one the other night; it cost £5 and so far I've had £30's worth of business out of it, with another appointment booked for a facial (£45). And I had a lovely evening to boot!

Which one was it you went to Calla?

That's often why I go to these networking events :) One I went to back in September was a Rooftop Garden Party at a prominent building in the next town to me. I won a raflle prize there as well :green:. This one was for a heat experience thingy day for 4 at a local spa.

how did you go about finding this out and what was the cost?

thanks

Your on a winning streak by the sounds of things lol! I never win anything!

Latest posts

Back