Champneys

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airey fairy

Reaction score
Is anyone going to watch the one off programme on Thursday, I reckon it's gonna be a good watch :)

Hope so.. terrible training I hear, it's all about the name !

The girls are sent out to fix thier hair up all the time, so they don't learn much !

Last edited:
Hope so.. terrible training I hear, it's all about the name !

The girls are sent out to fix thier hair up all the time, so they don't learn much !

Really? I trained at their college and I came out pretty good ☺️ We are thrown in with clients early on, tested weekly on theory, which is mostly learnt at home through set work as when in class it's always about practical, and pretty much every employer I've seen has said how well trained and confident the girls from Champneys college are as we were expected so much of quickly in a short space of time instead of takin it slow. And yes our appearance standards are very high but that's not a bad thing, I've worked some places and the girls hair and make up do not look professional at all so it's not all bad to be told how to present yourself

I am it's like the one on last week about asperys that was good x

I wasn't but i will now - which channel??

It's tonight ladies let's see what it has in store for us :)

Can't wait. We went to Tring last year. I didn't think it particularly needed refurbishing !! Henlow is in desperate need of it though. The Purdews should have spent their money on that one instead but maybe I missed something.

I've never had a bad treatment at any of the Champneys resorts and I've been every year for 18 years, it's the same as training with Sienna X or HD Brows - the branding makes it more recognisable so people trust it more.

Sounds exiting I'll be watching :) xx

I went for a few days, with my daughter, to Champneys, about 10 years ago. It was the cheapest Champneys, can't remember which one. I thought it was great, exercise classes from early in the morning, "Wake and Shake", a great range of treatments and very healthy food. No alcohol, except wine with dinner; expensive and by the bottle, no bar.
In fact it may have been a lifesaver for me, because they picked up on my very high blood pressure. After that I wasn't allowed to do anymore classes.
I've stayed at a few other health spas which were less health conscious - but maybe more fun!

Watching it now.

This is so not a good advert. The clients are horrible. The boss looks and sounds backward. It doesn't even look nice! Maybe my expectations are too high. Nope, not for me.

Watching it now.

This is so not a good advert. The clients are horrible. The boss looks and sounds backward. It doesn't even look nice! Maybe my expectations are too high. Nope, not for me.

I agree ! 😱xx

Really? I trained at their college and I came out pretty good ☺️ We are thrown in with clients early on, tested weekly on theory, which is mostly learnt at home through set work as when in class it's always about practical, and pretty much every employer I've seen has said how well trained and confident the girls from Champneys college are as we were expected so much of quickly in a short space of time instead of takin it slow. And yes our appearance standards are very high but that's not a bad thing, I've worked some places and the girls hair and make up do not look professional at all so it's not all bad to be told how to present yourself

Reminds me of when I trained with Steiner, when trying on our uniforms, the very posh, made-up, twenty something lady told us that we were to select a uniform, walk up to her and if she saw any sign of cellulite then she would tell us to try on a size bigger!
I didn't really care but you should have seen the faces of the girls that were a size 8 being told to wear a 12! 😂😂

Watching it now.

Hey were you the secret shopper ?😂 x

It's ridiculous trying to refurbish whilst clients are there.

I've always found champneys staff rude. Sorry, but that's my experience, and I wouldn't call the treatments relaxing. I've also don't know of anyone who thought the treatments were worth it.

The bloke that's the manager is a proper idjet. No client confidentiality whatsoever. I've always wanted to visit champneys, what an Eyeopener, not somewhere ill visit in a hurry!

The bloke that's the manager is a proper idjet. No client confidentiality whatsoever. I've always wanted to visit champneys, what an Eyeopener, not somewhere ill visit in a hurry!

Try Stobo ( near Peebles in the Scottish Borders)
The owners are usually around and come and chat
The rooms are beautiful and the spa is continually being updated
The food is fabulous too.
Very classy place.

Just went to watch it on catch up, cant find it and there's no mention of the program on the entire ITV site. Weird. :S

Latest posts

Back