Chanel Acrylic Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sazzanne

Reaction score
Hello,
I recently had a lady in the Boutique i have my nail bar, and she asked if i did the new channel nails. Having no idea what they were she told me its the same as a french, only white also goes onto the cutical area.

Anyone have any idea?
Just intersted to know if anyone else has hear of them....

Sarah xx

It is where you apply a soft white to the cuticle (eponychium) area, so it looks like the lunula hth

Hey Sazzane,
This relates to the early 1920's style of manicure when only the centre of the nail was painted a rosey red shade while the lunula(moon) and the free edge were left colourless. (we had to write an essay on the history of manicure and nail enhancement at college)

In modern versions the moon and free edge are painted white with either a natural centre or a vivid centre colour (really cool!) or a colour is used for the moon and tip instead of white and the centre is either natural or coloured.

It is resurrected by the various fashion houses in various forms from time to time see link below to some pictures of the Dior Couture show from July 2007 which shows it clearly:cool:

I'm guessing this year it's Chanel that have re-cycled it and your lady has spotted a picture or someone with it. Hope this clears up the mystery for you :)

All Lacquered Up - A Nail Polish Fanatic's Resource

Ahhh thank you VERY much!!

And i know i spelt chanel wrong..doh!!

XX

Your very welome :) xx

Hello,
I recently had a lady in the Boutique i have my nail bar, and she asked if i did the new channel nails. Having no idea what they were she told me its the same as a french, only white also goes onto the cutical area.

Anyone have any idea?
Just intersted to know if anyone else has hear of them....

Sarah xx

Sazzanne - Mrs Geek here... they may be a fashion shot of Chanel with the Lunula painted but it is actually Dior who have kept this look on their catwalks and ad campaigns for the last few seasons. You can check backstage and up-close shots on Style.com: the online home of Vogue; Fashion, Fashion Shows, Shopping & More if that helps!

^thank you!

I too thought they were Channel nails... but I'd only been asked for these in Black and White, and it was more channel like because it's basically their colors now...

haha! another thing I leart today :)

Latest posts

Back