Changing from opi to CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allyballybee

Reaction score
Loving the shellacking and minxing, I was thinking about changing over my manicure and pedicure to cnd range. Any advice would be gratefully received with regards to best, most used products, bestsellers etc. Anyone out there use both and give me comparisons, that would be great too.

Hi allyballybee :)

I have just started using CND for manicures and I love the products! I had a thread on here about which to go for jessica, OPI or CND and I came to the conclusion CND...everyone has different opinions but I loved the idea of the colours and effects. I love the colours (have started off with 13) and now I've come to grips with the application I love it, and so do my clients. Do look at my thread (sorry not sure now to do a link...) it's a recent one about having difficulty with CND polishes application. Geeg explained brilliantly where I was going wrong and now application is a dream. Wouldn't be without scrubfresh or Cuticle Away either. I also love Sticky base and Lumos top coat...but it may be better to go for Lumos top and bottom...
Hope this helps :hug:

Last edited:
Aww thank you Tammy, are you using the almond spa or citrus products? What about pedicures?

I used to use OPI for all my manicures and pedicures, but now use CND. I use both the Almond and Citrus ranges for my manicures and let the client choose which aroma they would like, they are both wonderful. For the pedicure I use the raw earth range which is also fantastic, especially the warming scrub which warms when water is added. Hope this helps.

Did you change to cnd for all your polishes as well?

Not changed anything yet! Just thinking about it. The polishes are v popular as is nail envy. We have lots of polishes in stock, so I was going to start with mani and pedi products.

Almond spa is amazing, beautiful packaging too. They do a great wee DVD with lots of wee hints and tips on how to give a really luxurious spa manicure. Good for retailing solar oil too.
Raw earth is fab for introducing pedicures in winter too, warming scrub.... mmm!
Not tried the polishes since they were given an overhaul but I oped mysaon 5 yrs ago and I still have some CND ones that are good as new.

I absolutely love CND's mani and pedi products....I occasionally have to get OPI if my supply store is out of something and I think that the CND products seam to be more substantial...if that makes sence. The masks are thicker, the scrubs are gritty but not to grittty,yet still moisturizing. Love love love the cucumber heel therepy. As far as mani's go I use the Almond. I can feel a difference right away with CNDs products and those results stay days after. The only thing I do like about OPI is the Soften and the differnent fragrances. I am actually using the Esspresso right now, but cant wait to get back to my normal CND products!

Aww thanks for all your replies. I have ordered today the almond spa and raw earth products, solar oils, base coats, top coats etc. Have lots of opi stock to use up, especially polishes, so I will probably try them eventually. All the products I've order so far sound lush, can't wait to try them! Thanks for your feedback, anymore is more than welcome :)

Latest posts

Back