Charging for mileage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caro235

Reaction score
Can any members out there tell me what you charge for travelling longer distances? Do you charge 45p per mile or just add on a little extra when you have a longer distance to go. I want to know what to charge my clients who live further away. Thanks

I always wonder this too. As sometimes ends up costing me to go cut there hair as I charge everyone the same price x

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

If it is out of my catchment area I charge £1 per mile, quoted over the phone once Ive confirmed the distance.

This then covers me at 50p per mile there & my 50p per mile on the return trip.

Xx

When I was on the dole many years ago ( about 12) they used to give you 45p per mile fuel costs to go to interviews etc so I'd say 50p per mile nowadays is still very cheap. I'm sure there's an online fuel calculator that you put the price per litre of fuel and distance in nd it works it out, x

Is it worth travelling outside your catchment area?

If you're normally busy, the extra time spent in the car travelling each day could add up to 2 or more lost local appointments.

If you're not busy yet, when you do get busier, you'll feel torn between keeping a long term client happy versus lost revenue. I had that problem and it's a tricky one to resolve.

Make sure whatever mileage costs you add on covers more than just your petrol costs.

I travel 5miles included in my prices.

If anyone is over in the 6-10 miles category I charge £7 extra that includes my petrol and time. But if im honest as the above poster said im getting so busy now I dont want to waste 20 extra minutes driving so may try and stick to my 5miles. Its hard to turn people away though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back