Charging your own mom

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you charge your mom

• Total voters
I do my Mum's nails for free. She gets so much pleasure out of her shiny nails too and that makes me very happy as she's never really thought about herself.

However, she then goes about her day to day business, whilst showing off her nails, tells anyone who compliments her that her daughter did them, then hands over my business card which she keeps a stash of in her handbag :)

She was also my model on assessment day and will be again when I do my enhancements training.

Not sure we've ever had so much fun together to be honest. Better late than never. X

Who the heck charges their own mother?! Absolutely not, everyone else yes, (though I don't charge by sister either )mums no.

Who the heck charges their own mother?! Absolutely not, everyone else yes, (though I don't charge by sister either )mums no.

I know..... Disgusting!
I wouldn't even ask to cover costs, ridiculous!x x

Who the heck charges their own mother?!

The same people whose own mother charged them housekeeping from their very first babysitting job aged 14.
The same people whose own mother invoiced them for baking their wedding cake.
The same people whose own mother invoiced them for the petrol she used when driving over once a week to change the bedding when said person was bed ridden for 12 weeks with a broken foot in plaster.

Disgusting, eh?

My mother pays when she comes into the salon - she'd never dream of not doing so. Obviously she doesn't pay full price, but yes; she always pays.

The same people whose own mother charged them housekeeping from their very first babysitting job aged 14.
The same people whose own mother invoiced them for the petrol she used when driving over once a week to change the bedding when said person was bed ridden for 12 weeks with a broken foot in plaster.

Disgusting, eh?

Exactly lynne.
Not everyone's mum is the same, I love my mum to bits but me and my sister sometimes feel envious when we see how much help others get from there mum.
I remember wanting to move back to Newcastle after my relationship broke down in Liverpool and was "told you made your bed!"
So others should not be made to feel mean if there relationship is not as perfect as others x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I agree with Lynn. I wish my mum was like some of yours but shes not! Ive never been helped with anything, I was chucked out at 15. I learnt a long time ago that I could only rely on myself. When I was 14 and got my first job i had to pay 20 pound a week for bord (this was 15 years ago and i was still at school) and when I dared to question her was draged round the house by my hair. We are friendly now but i would always charge her price for product because she is always on th take. Dont get me wrong, I dont have a chip on my shoulder. I live, enjoy my life and love my mum but others dont always realise that we dont all have perfect, loving mums ;-) x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I live, enjoy my life and love my mum but others dont always realise that we dont all have perfect, loving mums ;-) x

So true...

I don't charge my mom or sisters, but as I have just started my own salon they opt to pay, and pay what they want as I refuse to give a number, but have said what it costs me product wise (hair this is) but I don't want money, my mom, and both sisters decided they would pay me 30 each whenever and whatever they have done (always colouring) if ever a trim or fringe cut or styled then no nothing as its just my time.

But when I'm a fully establishes salon, then they know its all on me for helping support through these very hard months :)

Disgusting, eh?

Ooh sorry Lynne, yes that is pretty disgusting.. My mum does a lot for me, and my sister also, I guess not everyone is the same :-(

I never charge my mum. She always offers to pay but I don't accept. I couldn't she's been so supportive in all aspects of my business ventures and even if she hadn't I wouldn't charge. Same with my Nanna. <3

Absolutely all my family pay for their hair including my Mum. I have wrestled with them over the years trying not to accept but they won't take no for an answer. They all say that they want to be able to ask to have their hair done without feeling like they are asking for a favour. So if they pay they are asking me to do a job. Every family is different though.

I would never charge my mum and ive bought her loads of products to maintain and repair her nails and would never dreamed of charging for it. Now I have bad health she does so much for me so I'm very glad I didn't.

Absolutely all my family pay for their hair including my Mum. I have wrestled with them over the years trying not to accept but they won't take no for an answer. They all say that they want to be able to ask to have their hair done without feeling like they are asking for a favour. So if they pay they are asking me to do a job. Every family is different though.

I think hair may be different as my mom and sisters pay, I never asked but they made me, if the very least the used to cover cost of colour used, as I used to have 2 jobs this was not an issue, giving it all up and going for the shop, they know I have no money so make me accept! Buuuut saying that me and my sis both are skint just now so, we traded lol. I did her hair for her bday and gave her hair prods for Xmas, and I had nothing for bday but a little more for Xmas so evened out lol

I never charge my mum for any of her treatments because she does so much for me and we have a really great relationship like best friends.

Only stipulation is she has to fit round paying clients which she totally understands as wouldn't want me losing money to redo her nails or tan for free.

I like my mum to look her best as she is a great advert for me and talks to everyone she meets!

If you don't have a good relationship with your mum then fair enough for charging. I think it depends on the individual circumstances. If you get on, if you can afford to give away products etc. everyone has to make their own decision

Each to their own but I am shocked!
My mum is my best friend I would never charge her!
I havent yet but will soon be doing her lashesnso she can promote them for me.

But being my mum she always gives me a little bit to pay for what i use (£5.00 for a spray tan)
I doubt she will for lashes as thats me wanting to do them for her not her asking me.

After all she has done for me I think I owe her much much more than free lashes and tans! x

Just read through this post properly and can totally understand if there isn't a good relationship there anyway.
But then I always say I will never treat anybody how I wouldn't/dont like to be treated x

I have an excellent relationship with my mum but I still charge her ,she doesn't do anything for me but if she did I would pay her a fair rate :-/

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

My mum helped me out soo much through my life and gave me so much support whilst studying I would feel terrible charging her. But not everyone has the same relationship with there mum everyone has differant circumstances. I come from a big family and it gets annoying when everyone wants something for nothing friends included. I do my sister for free aswell but she is a total nightmare you book her in and shes always late and I think partly that is because she is getting it for free and I'm her sister she forgets its proper business aswell

Latest posts

Back