Charging your own mom

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you charge your mom

• Total voters

EllieJoy

Reaction score
After reading through a similar thread I just wondered who actually charges there mom.

I do. Not full price, but she books in like all my other clients, and I treat her the same as my other clients etc...

X

When I started I wasn't going to but she insisted on paying me so ive carried on charging her. She's lent me a lot of money though so instead of actually paying her back we just knock off the cost of her treatments x

No, never in 10 years, however she cleans the salon and has my sisters children while she works as me and my sister work together. The first few years we where open though my dad would buy her a gift voucher every Christmas incas she wanted facials or anything even though we still wouldn't have charged x

I was a horrible horrible teenager lol I could never charge my mum for any treatment as I see it as my payback for her putting up with me lol!! Plus she was always the one who backed me up when I choose to study beauty and was always there while I was away at college and Uni!
She does buy me little beauty treats as a thank you though.

Omg no! She buys the colour at cost price and that's all otherwise colouring her hair, the cut and blowdry isn't charged for. She also has a free blowdry on a Sunday night so her hair lasts a few days for work xoxo

I never charge my mom...ever.

No way! Not after everything my mum does and has done for me..

NO WAY!
she doesnt let me charge her haha.
Im about to do her extensions, she's buying the hair but id never charge her to put them in, and ill give her an aftercare kit. Same with lash extensions, i dont charge her!

I would never ever charge my mum! She is my precious mum, I would give anything for her, never mind treatments ...

I wouldn't even dream of it. Even if she tried giving me a £1 I wouldn't take it. She is my best friend :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I wouldn't even dream of it. Even if she tried giving me a £1 I wouldn't take it. She is my best friend :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I even charge my best friend!

I charge her for cost of products, not the service :)

would never charge my mum for anything!!!after all shes done for me and my children over the years!!

she has fingers and toes done every 3 weeks, occasional tan, eyebrows, tint whatever she wants xxx

No, my mum is the only person I won't charge!! She tries to give me money for the products but I always refuse.

I even charge my best friend!

I charge her for cost of products, not the service :)

I charge friends, the only people who get discount are close family (I come from a large family of 7aunts and uncles, 18 cousins and 37 second cousins from my mums side) so it would be a large loss to discount everyone but very close ones get 50% off as does a friend of my mum who has helped her out no end when she has needed it and done so much for the family while my mum lost 2 brothers in 6 months, so she really deserves it xoxo

No way, id never charge my mum a penny for doing any treatments for her. Even if she insisted I'd put the money back in her purse lol

If my mum was still with us,i wouldn't charge but i do charge my sisters and family though,they wouldn't let me do it for free anyway :)

If my mum was still with us,i wouldn't charge but i do charge my sisters and family though,they wouldn't let me do it for free anyway :)

See this is similar to me, my mom insists she pays, she has the same treatments that she use to pay the salon before I became a BT. It's not like I hold my hand out for payment kind of thing :)

No chance. I joke how much it is but she pays for my tuition! I couldn't ever actually take payment from her. Plus who would be my ginuea pig otherwise? ;)
And sometimes I get 'pocket money' from her. In other words: her: have you got any money for that? Me: no. Her: here you go lol x

See this is similar to me, my mom insists she pays, she has the same treatments that she use to pay the salon before I became a BT. It's not like I hold my hand out for payment kind of thing :)

Nothing wrong with that at all.
My mums never had her nails done until I started. Now she's hooked, but she says she 'wouldnt expect free nails if she hadnt paid for my course' then when she sees her record card with all her treatments on it she says she feels really bad that she doesn't pay....so technically I've paid back more than half what I borrowed to get started hehe

I didn't charge my mum, but she insisted on paying. I would do the same for my kids - assuming I have more money than them lol!!!

Latest posts

Back