Charity help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happyfeet

Reaction score
hi geeks

I'm going to be organising a fund raiser for the breast cancer campaign at my sons school. I'm going to be inviting local businesses such as nails (that will be me) hair other beauty treatments glitter tattoos hair braids cupcakes jewellery tuck shop etc. I don't plan to charge for a table but thought about asking the businesses for a charity donation. Do you think 10% of their takings on the day is too much?

I'm going to run a raffle contacting local businesses big and small and ask them to donate prizes and hope to get our local smyths store to donate a teddy so i can get the kids to name the bear for say 50p or a £1 and best name wins the prize. Have a few other ideas too. Have also contacted the local papers asking for coverage on my October pink shellac manicure where i donate five quid on every treatment and asking for other people to help with my fund raising day.

Can anyone think of any other fundraising ideas on the day? Has anyone done a waxing type charity event and if so how did they do it?

Would love your thoughts and any info.

Love n hugs x x x

Hiya.

I've organised a few pamper nights for my daughters school. How we normally do it it, we invite local crafts people along as well as hairdressers, beauticians, health & well-being professionsals, Angel card readers (always goes down well). We charge them £20 each plus a raffle prize. Each person attending the event gets charged £5 (entrance + a buffet) and then they pay for treatments at a reduced price (£3 per treatment). Then we sell raffle tickets for the donated raffle prizes. We usually raise about £1000 each time we do one of these. When you think, there is only 4 children in my daughters school (hence the reason why we have to fundraise), that's not bad. That's the way we do it and it works really well.

thanks hun that sure is food for thought. I'm thinking possibly charging per table is more of a good way to go than taking a percentage also charging a small entrance fee is best as well. Thanks so much for taking the time to reply i really appreciate it and given me lots to think about.

X x x

Great ideas!
I'll try to think of more when the old brain cells have had a rest, but something that can make money is an auction of promises.
From a memory of one from years ago, I offered to organise and run a children's party, my husband offered his services with a friend as butler and chef for a dinner party, and we bid for and won a chauffeur for an evening.....lots of others,all amateurs, but great fun, and it raised loads.
If actually holding the auction on the evening is cumbersome you could have sealed bids in envelopes.
Will put my thinking cap on! xxx

that sounds fabulous honey! Thanks hun x x x

Latest posts

Back