Cheap, cheap beauty treatments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Price yourself at a decent price (and you are) ... Let the cheapies go elsewhere. Not everyone is a tight a***! Might seem scary for a few weeks, but in the end you will win and have better quality clients. We charge 28 €. And proud of it.

lol i wonder if that is why my business advisor was giving me such daft pricing from what she has seen on facebook just ridiculous

Reading this has made me think.....I actually don't see a problem offering a genuine discounted treatment :?:

I am surrounded by salons offering shellac a lot more expensive than me, I've been away yfor a while while these salons opened and wanted to offer good discounts to entice old clients back, Shellac and Gelish we're the chosen treatments to discount.

I own my salon and if I don't get a wage that week I'm only hurting myself and getting £10 for a shellac means the other salons are not getting £25 that day..I'm probably at the other end of the argument and can't actually believe the prices charged for some treatments, some salons are actually greedy in my opinion. Don't forget that £10 for a shellac or gelish is still profit...not much but it's not free.

I'm sorry if that sounds harsh but that's the nature of business. I've had clients come back to me from other salons who have been told "she's using cheap stuff off eBay to be able to charge that" I am not and once clients see that I'm genuine in my offers they look forward to the following months offers and happily try treatments they wouldn't normally....
i hate to be rude love but you may as well work for the middle man you would earn more on the standard wage with them prices
you do not go into business to be kind on your clients pocket! it is a living for yourself ..Business is not there to make you worse off income wise you charge it what it is! they will just buy it recardless!

Cheap isnt cheerful. These ladies will have these cheaply applied acrylics & will also suffer incredible nail damage. By which time they will have learnt the hard way to never use the services of the Nail Butcher again...
If you need to fight back then maybe you need to have pictures displayed somewhere/somehow of sore fingers. Detail what services your clients should expect from a treatment & if need be what they shouldn't expect !

I completely agree that rock bottom pricing devalues a brand and yes there are plenty of cheap salons out there turning out some dreadful work but I also know that there are plenty out there who turn out pretty decent nails, they just don't mind doing it for less than minimum wage. That's not a road I ever want to go down so for me, the solution is to stop worrying about what everyone else is doing and just up my game instead.

My client base love a bargain but they don't want cheap, they wouldn't be seen dead going into a NSS or a bargain basement salon, so I need to cater to them, rather than offer a low price for my nails, I do an offer whereby they add Shellac Toes for example and they pay a combined offer price. It's still a decent price, it's not cheap but it's a damn good deal, it gets me loads of extra bookings and my clients feel like they've had a bargain and my profit margin hasn't dropped. There are plenty of ways of making your service feel like more value for money, when you offer that, why would your clients be bothered about going anywhere else?

Latest posts

Back