Check your website's ranking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynne Baker

Lynne The Skin!
Reaction score
Found this website today which will show where your business site ranks in the world.
Alexa the Web Information Company
This will help you to raise your game as far as improving your rankings!
Enjoy!

well Calla, I went in and took a look, but haven't got a clue what it was on about!!!!

ok, so go to the dialog box marked site info, on the home page, top right-ish, add your website details, hit the go button, et voila! there you are!
Anne, your website ranks 17,730,318, and the training one has no ranking. Time for you to change that!
Calla Salon ranks 6,433,579, so my goal is to get that up to 4 million by the end of the year!

yes, I got that, but still don't get it!

my guruholistic one is 3 years old, but the training one is about 2 months old.

Interesting - if I knew how to use the info!

Mine is 7,814,623.......

is that good or bad?

How would you make it better?

OMG this has gone whoosh over my head :lol::lol:

When i first did it no ranking then when i clicked on my home page and used the link from there it was 706:eek::eek:

The way to make it better is to follow these guidelines
Your site must be authoritative.
Your site must be well connected and it must share information.

You need to have lots of links in and out, and it must be updated VERY regularly e.g. at least once a DAY. This way Google will recognise that you know what you are talking about, that lots of people value what you say, and that lots of people want to be connected with you, and that what you have to say is worth sharing. You need your ranking to be higher so that you appear at the top of Google when people search for "nail enhancements", "beauty salon", "holistic therapy" etc.
So 19 million is worse than 6 million, is worse than 140K is worse than 10, etc.

That said, it's no longer as important to have a webSITE as it once was; it's much more important to have a webPRESENCE. Use the free resources at your disposal to create a web presence, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace. There's no need to spend a fortune on flashy websites anymore.

This is for the whole world, but I only offer my services to people in my 1 town, so if it was in the UK or by regions then it would be interesting. I am top of google for hairdressers in my area and I am on the first page on yahoo I am happy with this and I get plenty of work from it, in fact im getting too much at the moment lol.

Salongeek.com has a traffic rank of: 140,004

Salongeek.com traffic rank in other countries:

United Kingdom 8,868
Canada 74,724
Australia 82,174
United States 129,523
India 233,684

Interesting...

Found this website today which will show where your business site ranks in the world.
Alexa the Web Information Company
This will help you to raise your game as far as improving your rankings!
Enjoy!

Can I add that this has very little to do with where you place within the search engines, do not go off this information, the internet does not work like that.

I am not sure if you realised but google hasnt released figures since I think mid 2005 and then, when they did release figures over 19biillion pages were being indexed, google and all the other search engines hold this information very losely to their chest now, but as you can image, how many more people since 2005 now have websites.

I have said it before and someone has mentioned it on this post that to get to the top of google you will firstly need to have excess amount of links inbound and outbound, quality contentand update your site.

It is true the more links the better, but can I add the industry you are all in it is very difficult to have the amount of inbound links and outbound links, google ranks at number 1 purely because of the fact of the links it has and the amount of people that use it, as you can all see it isnt content on its home page that gets it to number 1 as all it has is a search bar and basically a submit button.

If like I say with this industry you struggle with links outbound etc then the next card you play is the content card. Good informative content that makes the customer want to read all the pages of your site and the coversion of them cutomers is the next big step to increase your search engine placement.

And when you come down to writing content it has to be written in a way that you are including general search terms in your header tags and in your paragraph tags

For example if you check out this site Cosmetics, Hairstyles, Skin Care, Beauty Products Reviews, Advice, and Tips from Total Beauty (this is one of the leading beauty sites in the world)
and look at the website as if you were a search engine not a consumer it will come to light a little, just check out "stories of the day" you will see that in their the way they have worded the topics is the same way as you would write it in googles search bar. "jennifer anistons hairstyles" etc etc.
this is the art of playing the search engine game.

Someone also mentioned you need to update your site daily, this is not correct, you are not in the industry where your site needs to be updated everyday, the search engines know this, you need to tell google how often you update the site so the googlebot can return and check if you have updated, this is done by a Sitemap.xml file that sits on your server (dont get it confused with a sitemap on websites its a different thing). I would suggest in this industry you tell google to index every 2-3 weeks.

The search engines have priorities for example, the news pages around the world google may index them every 10-15 mins for breaking news, which is needed, no disrespect google isnt really interested if you have dropped your price of a cut and blow dry by 10%.

One last thing if you are using the alexa tool bar and your www.freewebs.com/thisisme ranks high this is not your site that is doing that its freewebs that is causing such a high traffic rank.

For anyone to be sitting in the top million of alexa are having millions of hits per day No1 google gets approx 50million hits every hour.

Ifyou need anymore advice on how to play the search engines then just ask away

Latest posts

Back