Chest wax,without thumping client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailquueen

Reaction score
Hi to all.Which is the best way when doing a chest wax? And how do help prevent from thumping the client on the chin when doing top half?And can you advise on the nipple area,do wax around it,or can you put the wax on the nipple.Please help ive done many a back wax on done chest in trainning.I dosn`t help as the man is a local celeb!

Hi to all.Which is the best way when doing a chest wax? And how do help prevent from thumping the client on the chin when doing top half?And can you advise on the nipple area,do wax around it,or can you put the wax on the nipple.Please help ive done many a back wax on done chest in trainning.I dosn`t help as the man is a local celeb!

When I do a chest wax I get the client to look to the left and to the right thus avoiding punching in the chin.

On the nipple area I go straight over it and yes you can go straight over this area unless there are any contraindications.

Dont worry about it being a local celeb treat them them the same as any other client. I dont treat all my high profile clients any different to joe bloggs down the road.

Good luck and wax on !!!

Ditto Tracey's reply. If you're nervous about waxing over the nipple, you can do it two ways. Spread a thin later of strip wax right over the area and instead of putting the strip over the nipple and removing, place the strip right over the areola up to the nipple and then remove. That way, you've got all the hairs but not risk tearing the nipple off (ouch).

Another way is to use non strip wax and apply it in a circle (in the direction of hair growth). This is so easy and no chance of causing trauma.

Good luck.
PS. Regarding celebs. Many celebs think that they should get it for free. NO WAY! Charge them and treat them exactly the same.

As long as you apply a light coating of oil to the area there is no need to be nervous about waxing over the nipple area - you are not going to rip it off. The oil will act as a barrier and the wax will only remove hair and not skin. Ive done it 1000's of times like this and never ripped a nipple of yet !!!

However if you feel that you can not do it this way then you can do it the way that Kim has mentioned but trust me it is far better and a lot easier just to wax over it. Once you have done it a few times and gained the confidence you will wonder why you ever thought any way about it.

take care and

WAX ON !!

Sorry, just to add that the non strip wax that I use only removes hair and doesn't stick to the skin. xx

No wax should stick to the skin if applied correctly whatever brand you use.

Prep correctly and you will be fine. Just put a small amount of oil onto the area and rub in and then apply your wax. Be careful not to apply to much oil to the skin as you wax will not go on smoothly.

WAX ON !!!

No wax should stick to the skin if applied correctly whatever brand you use.

!!

Are you saying that strip wax does not stick to the skin then?

Are you saying that strip wax does not stick to the skin then?

sorry kim thanks for pointing that out it should read no non strip wax

that will teach me for going to the pub at lunch time and them posting obviously not a good idea.

Thanks all for the advise.All went well & he was happy saying he will be back for another one.:)

Just to add don't take too much time when oiling his nipples or you will both be in the news of the world next week.:)

Latest posts

Back