Chest Waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwi-glam

Reaction score
I'm a beauty student, and i said i'd wax a load of mens chests for charity. Thing is we havent done chests before. CAn someone give me a bit of advice please?????

Thanks.

:) Hi Kim will probably giv ehte best reply as she does lots of men.
But I would first get them to lie on the couch with the head end slightly raised. Put a very thin covering of oil on as this will help the wax not stick to the skin so much! The chest is a very painfull area to have waxed!
I do a line right down the middle of the chest. Then work on each side, cover the whole of the side and remove from bottom to top.
Apply after wax cream. And advise them not to have too hot bath or to put anything else on it for 24-48hrs.
Hth and im sure some others could add stuff i may have forgotten to mention. Good luck. Faye.x:hug:

Hey

Being a male i can say that it is quite painful to have done, as said earlier, lie them on the couch slightly raised, cleanse the skin, I would use a dusting of talc on the areas to be waxed to stop the wax from attacking the skin lol. then use the basic rules, wax in direction of hair growth, remove opposite direction or hair growth and then use some aloe vera wax or something similar to smooth and give aftercare advice.

Through experience I would also put my hand on the skin that you have just waxed for a couple of seconds to calm the skin and stop unneeded pain lol.

Mwah xx

although saying that, if it's for charity let the buggers suffer! :) think of all the ex boyfriends and imagine them on the couch! good luck! xx

Ideally the guys could do with trimming hair down if they are hairy to avoid too much pull but that's my opinion and I'm not as experienced at male waxing as someone who does men regular.

although saying that, if it's for charity let the buggers suffer! :) think of all the ex boyfriends and imagine them on the couch! good luck! xx

Hahahaha :lol: that made me smile!

well someones popular! hehe. I love puttin guys in their place, im also very tempted to barcode them when doing spray tans but thats naughty so i cant : - ( x

I'm a beauty student, and i said i'd wax a load of mens chests for charity. Thing is we havent done chests before. CAn someone give me a bit of advice please?????

Thanks.
Just a thought, and not wanting to put a damper on things, but if you're a student, are you covered by insurance? It's best to check it out.

Now I don't want to be a kill joy but chest waxing can be extremely painful, even when carried out by an expert. Clients will often say that chest waxing is more painful than Intimate waxing.

How about you wax their backs instead? xxx

Just a thought, and not wanting to put a damper on things, but if you're a student, are you covered by insurance? It's best to check it out.

This was my first thought too. What are the circumstances of the waxing? Is it within the college, under supervision and therefore covered by their insurance or is this independent of your college, something you have volunteered for yourself?

I suggest that you speak to your tutor to get some advice too, as Kim said chet waxing can be a challenge and god forbid something went wrong on the day both you and your charity volunteers really ought to have the reassurance of being insured.

I'm going to be a kill joy too and ask why you are offering a service that you haven't been taught to do?

Wouldn't it be safer and give you more confidence to offer them something you have actually been trained to do!

Latest posts

Back