Chicken pops (pox)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About half a tub of Bicarbonate of Soda in a lukewarm bath relieves the itching totally for quite a while

My kids had chickenpox a few years ago now and at the time, there was a bit of an epidemic of it in our area . . . someone told me about the Bicarb and when I went in our big Tesco to get some the shelf was clear lol so I had to get some elsewhere

But it does help relieve it a lot. Quite a cheap remedy too! x

I second this! I had chickenpox at 12 remember it clearly and my mom would put bicarbonate in my baths, took all the itching away

Luckily my 2 caught it while quite young, my daughter was 1 & son was 2, you can get aqueous cream with calamine in & it's great at soothing the itch, regular doses of piriton too, my 2 were only poorly with it for a few days too

Her back spots have blistered and are now scabbed over. She has had a new wave of spots over night, hope it will be the last lot. I'm just worried about her face as it is covered.

She has been having 4 dead sea salt baths and bicarbonate so that soothes her. She didn't sleep till 2am as she was so uncomfortable so we watched shrek and princess and the frog and she finally drifted off.

Have been putting cold flannels on her back to alleviate her itching so that helps.

She is having a pedi and toes done today to cheer her up and I said she could do mine so that will keep her occupied. X

Well her spots have All blistered and now scabbed over. Her face looks so much clearer today and her back isnt so red which is great. Going to be applying aqueous cream all over today to keep her moisturised. She won't be having anymore baths today- she only had one yesterday as I didn't want to keep her skin wet as it wouldn't heal.

Thank you all for your help and advice :) x x

Old pair of tights with oats in tied around the bath tap allow bath water to run trough the tights making a creamy coloured bath. It helps the spots clear much more quickly. It deff works used this on all three of my kids

Old pair of tights with oats in tied around the bath tap allow bath water to run trough the tights making a creamy coloured bath. It helps the spots clear much more quickly. It deff works used this on all three of my kids

Does it work when the spots have turned to scabs? X

Hope shes feeling better hun. Think my little one coming down with it now :) poor things 1 tomorrow as well. Hes jist so listless and sleepy today, not eating really and a bit whinging and hes a eash on his tummy and back (although hes prone to heat rashes) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hope shes feeling better hun. Think my little one coming down with it now :) poor things 1 tomorrow as well. Hes jist so listless and sleepy today, not eating really and a bit whinging and hes a eash on his tummy and back (although hes prone to heat rashes) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Aww bless him, happy birthday for tomorrow :) I hope it's just a 24hour bug for him and not the pops. Isabella didn't develop a rash before hand, just spots appeared which was really weird as its normally a rash first.

The amount of times I have taken my two down to the walk in centre late at night for a rash when it was only a heat rash lol. Maybe start bathing him in bicarb as I was told it brings the spots out faster and heals them quicker if he does have cp. fingers crossed he doesn't though as would be such a shame on his first birthday. X

The heat will make the itch a lot worse. I got chicken pox for my 40th birthday in South Africa midsummer . So hot and it was so uncomfortable. Fortunately it was near the end of the holiday so I spent my last week in airconditioned environment.

Lol coco pox :) we go on holiday next week so feel very sorry for her at the moment. She has just had a salt and bicarbonate bath and loads of lotion on her. She doesn't have a fever or anything which is great.

Hopefully they just disappear then and don't leave anything behind. Silly question but will the sun do anything to help. I know uv rays help spots but if she is in the garden will it help them to heal iykwim?

Thank you x

My son has got it too!! Second time he's had it now!

Latest posts

Back