Child Being Bullied - Anyone Experienced This?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is awful, no child should be put throught this.
Speak to the head or deputy head again asap, if they will not do anything about it, contact the governors.
Your school should have a anti- bullying policy in place. and it seems that they are not following it.

this is just an idea, but ask your child to keep a diary of incidents, so you can present this to head/governors.

also, if you speak to the head things could get worse before it gets better, why don't you keep your child off from school while it is being sorted out.

speak to the school department at your local county council for advise.

ther are helplines for you and your child to speak to someone for advise.

mobile nail tec said:

this is just an idea, but ask your child to keep a diary of incidents, so you can present this to head/governors.

Thats a great idea, i wish id thought of that weeks ago, thank you !

In most schools there is a parent govenor try to find out who this is and go and see them. Also the LEA have people that liasse(sp) between school and home, find out who that is and ask for a referral. All else failing go to the police, as they now often liasse with schools on this type of problem...My youngest son was bullied at school and it wasnt until he was in year 9 that he got to the stage that he couldnt take it any more and retaliated...they left him alone after that. Bullies seem to go for kids that they can have an effect on and once Chris stopped allowing them to have an effect on him it all fizzled out after it had been going on for 5 years. The schools nowadays are supposed to have a programme on board to stop bullying, so if the head wont help then the LEA are next in line. Keep making a fuss as this usually gets things moving eventually. Once a child has lost their confidence bullies anywhere can pick up on this so changing schools does not always help. I hope that you can get it sorted out soon as it is not nice to be on the receiving end of it at all.

Hello I just wanted 2 say my little sister who is 14 was bullied at school we did everything from going 2 the school seeing the head of year/ we also wrote 2 our Mp and went round 2 the parents -the parents were just as bad as their kids-but nothing changed she still kept being bullied.It got 2 the stage where my little sis would make herself sick just so she would'nt have 2 go 2 school.This made me so mad so I told the school that if they didnt help us We would take her out of the school and they would have 2 help us find another school 4 her.In the end we ended doing all the hard work and got her in 2 another school it was hard 4 my sister 2 start a fresh not noing no 1 but I would have 2 say is My sis is now back 2 her happy funny self and has made some nice friends so may be a change in school might be the right move 4 your little girl it was the best thing we ever did 4 my sister.

i was bullied a lot at school physical and verbal, they used to steal of me - i was an easy target, whether it was at school or the worst was probably the school bus! - the best thing i ever did was tell my form tutor when i was at secondary school- she was great and it certainly stopped it. bullies made my life hell, still affects me now from time to time.

i remember one day it was photo day at school (i was about 8) and my mum spent ages doing my hair and when i got to school these 2 girls were waiting for me wouldnt let me thru the door into the class room (who used to bully me) started laughing at me, calling me all sorts or names, pulling my hair, saying why had my mum bothered doin my hair - it dont change ur ugly face etc etc i ended up in tears told my teacher - he just laughed at me (looking back now - he bullied me too in a way) said i was a cry baby and made fun of me in front of the class. i never did have my school photo taken.

bullys are nasty nasty people who pick on others to feel better about themselves. vicky - go into the school and see the head teacher or her teacher about it, tell her u are concerned and see what they say. nowadays they really clamp down on bullying. xx

vicky said:
Its reallly hard becaused the school is quite small and me and the head really dont see eye to eye so in some ways im thinking she will be glad to see the back of me and my family. My oldest girl was going through an awful time with a bay and the mother grabbed my daughter in the playground and started swearing at her. I hit the roof yet she couldnt do anything because she would have been seen as beng racist??? I did say then that i ould take it to the governerns and the boy did leave the school. So since then i cant even look at the head.

I dont wont to disrupt her too much but my only option is to move schools, but i dont think its fare i have to do this?

Vicky, you really need to go back to the Head of the School and sort this out straight away. Ok, so you and the Head dont see eye to eye but she has a commitment to you, your children and the other children within the school. She is responsible for keeping your children in a safe and caring environment whilst in her care. She should be teaching her pupils not only in education but the importance of treating others with respect. Make an appointment to go and see her, tell her your concerns and ask her what she is going to do about it and when she will be addressing the situation. Explain calmly that if the matter is not resolved then you will be writing to the Board of Goveners and also your MP. I personally wouldn't move schools as this is sending out the message to the children that if they ever face confrontation within their lives then the easiest thing to do is run away. By you addressing the issue in a calm and correct manner will teach your children that they dont have to run away and that they can deal with situations by talking about them and resolving them in the correct way. Get onto it straight away and Good Luck.
David.

Toni Talons said:
The other thing i would do is take my kid to a marshall arts class. i think it would teach them to not only how to stand up for themselves but to have the confidence to do it.

I went to Judo classes and they taught me how to protect myself but also to realise my own strength so that I would go round bashing kids just coz I knew how to!

I was bullied briefly at school as I was one of the first to go through pubity, but luckily for me the teacher dealt with it eventually. after my mum wrote a letter telling her what was going on.

I hope things get better, soon

Jaydee said:
Vicky, you really need to go back to the Head of the School and sort this out straight away. Ok, so you and the Head dont see eye to eye but she has a commitment to you, your children and the other children within the school. She is responsible for keeping your children in a safe and caring environment whilst in her care.

exactly - u hit the nail on the head (no pun intended).
arrange meeting with her and tell her everything, whether u see eye to eye or not its her job to sort this problem out. xx

Whilst your children are at school, the school has whats called "Duty of Care".
Which means legaly they are responsible for the well being and safety of your child. I found it helped to remind them of their legal responsibilities. My son was bullied very badly during his first year at senior school. It took a few trips into school and me being very pushy with the head of year,:irked: but we did get it sorted. In the end tho, I realised that this school was doing nothing for my child & I had 2 more to go through the same way, so we upped sticks and moved across the county to a much better school and village. George is a different boy now, the best thing we have ever done.:)
I hope you get thing sorted, but remember, they are legaly responsible for your daughters care during the day. Make them remember that!

Hi hun,my youngest boy Karl, was bullied all through year seven and half of year 8 in the end i lost my rag and pulled him out of the school, I rang the school services and told them what I had done, and that I would educate him at home until I could find a school with an efective anti bulling policy. School services attempted to stick their noses in but once they got the idea that I didn't care what the school thought or did I was well aware of the law and my rights they left me to it, It was the best thing I could have done. Karl had 1 and a half terms at home, which gave him time out, I enrolled him in karate classes which kept him fit, gave him some new friends which proved to him that there was nothing wrong with him and I found him a school that will not tolarate bullying in any shape or form, I did that by asking schools in my area what they did about bullying and then I asked kids in the schools what happened to bullying. Karl is now in the army, he is in REAME learning to be an electronics engineer, his GCSE grades were very good and he learned to walk with his head up high.
You don't have to put up with this sort of c**p, so don't, find a school where she is safe to grow and learn, not a zoo. Sorry if that's a bit strong but part of me still blames my self for letting it go on for a year and a half.
I should have acted sooner to protect my son, he forgives me, I just don't forgive my self.

To Susie H. Don't blame yourself, you did what you thought was right at the time. It sounds like your son has done well for himself now, and you acted well to protect and strengthen him.
I was bullied at school and whilst it's horrible & I'll do anything to protect my kids, what doesn't kill you can only make you stonger in the end.
Ask my hubby, he say's I'm far too feisty now!:wink2:

Sorry to hear this Vicky its a bloody horrible world out there. I'm now 28 and I was bullied I was sent home because I had an asthma attack because of it!
Some of the time it is the parent fault why they are bully's but thats not your daughters problem. I copied with it on my own aswell although I did speak to older sis and few close friends (outside school.) I had different hobbies (swimming club and dancing where people didn't know I was being bullied and that helped alot. Sometimes you have to shut off as the victim. Try taking her somewhere different or getting her into clubs but don't mother her because that might make it worse. Hope this helps sorry if it doesn't. I'm totally fine now I still have loads of friends from my High school. I have swollowed my pride and wax there bits now!!! Well A, I'm taking money off them and b, its all in the past!!!!! The main culprit I have found out took drugs when leaving school and left school early to have a child at 13!!! Her mom was as bad as her if not worse.(My friend dealt with her case as she works for the police and she got sent down.) Got one word for you Karma! If you need to talk more I will give you my email address. xxxxx

Hi Hun,
This is horrible, children can be so cruel. I had to change kindys because of bullying with my daughter. I stuck it out for two terms, with constantly talking to the staff and asking for help to no avail. I finally decided to take her out as this was not what I wanted her to learn, to be scared at school and to learn to try to blend into the crowd so to not bring attention to herself. It was the best move I could have done for her. If nothing is happening within the school and the mother herself seems to be condoning this behaviour I would seriously think of changing schools. Bring back the happy little girl you knew before this all started. You are there to protect her and if you feel its not right, make the move for her well being.
Its the worse feeling in the world when you feel helpless to help your child.
Hope all goes well.
xxxx:Love:

Thanks so so much help, i can't believe how many people have been affected by this. I'm gonna go into school today and TRY and talk to the head. She really bugs the life out of me she is that far up her own ****.

Dannii is not well at the moment so at least her has had to put up with there crap this week. I'm gonna have to bite the bullet arnt i ..!!

Thanks so much to everyone, sorry i havent been able to answer everyone but there has been so much said id be sat here for 2 day..lol

I'l let you know how it goes, i feel like im going into the lions den :rolleyes:

good luck vicky - go in there and dont leave till its sorted!! xx

Hi, it's horrible when your child is bullied at school, my eldest has recently gone through a stage of this, you feel so helpless and unable to make them see that the bullies are the one's in the wrong! it broke my heart having to send her knowing what she might face once there, fortunately there was no violence involved just bad mouthing. the best part though was we actually got proof of this girl threatning courtney on msn and printed their conversation off and took it to the school, needless to say they wern't happy as this girl had also bad mouthed a teacher!! fingers crossed things have calmed down but she has lost her confidence too and i know exactly how you feel to see your child change like this all because kids are allowed to get away with bullying at school. It doesn't just upset the victims but it also completely disrupts the parents lives too, having to take time off work etc. Don't know if it would be worth a try to maybe see if the local bobby/police could have a word with the school or even better the culprits might just be enough to frighten them?
hope you get things sorted, maybe as someone else suggested sit down with your daughter and have a real heart to heart with her and see if she would like to move schools? It's difficult because like we said to courtney there will be horrible people everywhere that we have to deal with all througout life and it's sometimes just having that little bit of courage within ourselves to stand up to these people. All the best and hope you get it sorted out

vicky said:
Thanks so so much help, i can't believe how many people have been affected by this. I'm gonna go into school today and TRY and talk to the head. She really bugs the life out of me she is that far up her own ****.

Dannii is not well at the moment so at least her has had to put up with there crap this week. I'm gonna have to bite the bullet arnt i ..!!

Thanks so much to everyone, sorry i havent been able to answer everyone but there has been so much said id be sat here for 2 day..lol

I'l let you know how it goes, i feel like im going into the lions den :rolleyes:

What an awful situation to be in, bullying in school is my worst nightmare now that Amy is at school full time, if it does ever happen to her I hope she tells me straight away so I can help deal with it.

Be confident and strong when you go to see the head, let her know you are not going to budge on this, your daughter is important so make sure the head knows you won't let this drop until it's sorted, if she doesn't seem all that bothered I'd threaten her with contacting the local paper and telling them the schools anti-bulling policy is a farce!

hope your meeting goes well, good luck :hug:

hi yes ive just been in the same situation my son is 12 and he is as bubbly as fizzy pop but then he started to go flat.
He is very open wioth me and i knew somthing was wrong he was being bullied at school not only that the lad brought a pen knife to school and theatened him with it.
I went into the school and this lad has now been permantly excluded relief yes but i try to tell my lad as hard as it is to try to stand up to people and they Will eventually give in.(easier said than done):sad:

I was also bullied at school head down the toilet punched in stomach living hell it was i di eventually move school and it was the best thing i ever did got no trouble at all .Its not always the best idea just make sure your daughter tells you everything as it is an awfull thing to experience

KLids can be really cruel and it makes me so angry when schools do nothing. When we lived in the u.k. my son was bullied he too is very tall and skinny and he would not hurt a fly and is very emotional. We talked to the school but nothing was done and he became very withdrawn so we did move schools and luckily he settled in so well at the next school and went back to being his old self. We have nowsince moved abroad and I was worried about all 3 kids but luckily they seem to have made friends and adapted but Im always looking for signs in case they get bullied.really hope it all turns out ok for you and your little girl.:Love:

Good Luck at the school! I really hope that it gets sorted!
I am worried about my step daughter at the moment. :sad: She is still lovely and bubbly - she is only 5 but every time she stays over at our house she says that some of the kids have been nasty to her and called her names. It seems to be for various reasons - she can't skip, she is a bit slow at reading and also she wears glasses. I know lots of kids wear glasses these days but she has such a tiny face and her glasses are massive! I asked my partner if we could buy her some smaller glasses to suit her face and when we asked her mother she said "the ones she has are fine - she can see!" At the moment my stepdaughter doesn't seem too bothered by it but she is only very young and I can't help thinking it should be nipped in the bud before it starts or if I am just overeacting? It's very difficult for me as her mother is very jealous (for no apparant reason!) that we get on well and I know if I asked her to mention it at school she wouldn't only for the fact that I suggested it!

Kelly xx

Latest posts

Back