Childrens dance wear/shoes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbabinks

Reaction score
Hiya geeks,

I know some of you have kiddies that go to dance class like my eldest (3andhalf year old)

I just wondered if any of you know of any websites or shops you can get cheaper dance shoes/clothes for them.

She has her outfit and tap shoes, but I need to get some ballet pumps.
Being the tight bum that I am I dont want to spend a fortune, also they grow out of it so quickly and Katie being so young could decide at anytime she's had enough.

I did start out by buying at the dance shop in town, never again it's so expensive.
Her tap shoes were off ebay, but the only problem with using that as your supplier is they dont always have the shoe size you're after.

Thanks
Ria

If you google, you'll likely come up with tonnes.

I googled, and came up with loooooooooads of shops that are way cheaper than anything local.
Like this one
Discount Dance Supply
Mind you.... this is in the US , so maybe not so cheap for you.

Here's some for the UK. Dont know if these are good prices for your region...
Ballet Shoes for dance by Dancingwear UK

Ballet shoes, soft ballet shoes

Dance and Leisure - Ballet Shoes- UK shopping

Ballet,Tap,Modern and Dance wear by Dancia International#

The Dancers Shop Childrens

hope these help

Thanks guys these are brilliant.
I did have a quick google but couldnt really find anything cheaper then the shops.

I have bought Jazz Shoes from Dance Direct - great service.

Perhaps we need a miscelaneous geek bay ive got some new riding boots my daughters never worn and ive given away ballet outfits and Pumps and judo outfits.

I used to be a dancer and did, jazz, ballet and tap. I agree I did used to go through so many pairs of shoes! The leather ones last a little longer but tend to be more expencive so isn't really needed when their feet are growing so fast. However they wipe clean and allow for more growing time as they can have quite alot of give. If you buy the satin ballet shoes they can look grubby really quickly so after sponging the dirt off a light spray of hairspray helps to stop staining.

Plastic tap shoes are also a good alternative to leather until the feet stop growing.

One thing I used to do was never want to take my shoes off, I'd wear them every opportunity I got so wore them out quicker, keeping them to classes only will help them last longer,

HTH's a bit x x x

I got my little girls from John Lewis there where 2 types, leather about £10 and silky about £9. I whent with the silky. hope that helps

I have bought Jazz Shoes from Dance Direct - great service.

I had a look at the site brilliant prices, so it's good to here that - thanks.

Thank you to everyone for your replies.

Hiya when my daughter did dancing her dance instrutor used to sell shoes,outfits that people had out grown and she would sell them on really cheap.Why not ask at the instrutor or other parents and start it yourself

If you go on to Google and type in dancewear there are loads you can look at .

Ruby

hi my daughter dances and i use dance direct, they are really good order before 1 pm it arrives the next day, other than that most school outfitter shops sell ballet and tap shoes but not as cheap as dance direct :)

Both me and my daughter dance at a friends dancing school and she uses dance direct. She also has a second hand box where if anybody has grown out of shoes/uniforms they can put them in there and others can buy em. I have sold many of her shoes like that.:) :) :)

Both myself and my daughter dance and go to a friends dance school and she too uses dance direct. She also has a second hand box where people can sell their dance gear which they have grown out of.:) :) :)

Latest posts

Back