Chin wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louiser

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just after a bit of help really, a friend / client of mine has added a chin wax on to her treatments for tonight. I havent done one since training! I'm in a little bit of a panic about it in case ive forgotten something!

Does anyone have any special tricks for performing this kind of service? Do you usually do under the chin in the neck area or just the chin? Is it easy to pull the skin in this area?

I'm really worried! xx

Hi

I usally wax just under the chin but not the neck (unless requested).

The main thing to remember here is not to try to wax around corners or you will tear the skin.

I would reccommend that you apply talc to the chin before waxing.

Also i would pull the wax strip off in 3 stages , 1)up towards nose, 2) Mid chin to left ear, repeat on right side, 3)one strip under chin. I sometimes find it easier to cut the wax strip into small sections (like for EBW) so i can remove in small sections.

I hope this helps and let me no how you get on.

Good luck and dont worry im sure it will be fine

Lisa

I would use hard wax for this and then you won't need to worry about grazing the chin & it'll make a lot more pleasant for the client and yourself, you can also remove this in stages to make it easier.

Also i recommend oil under your wax not talc as it forms a better barrier between wax and skin x

I also do this exactly the same lisa.
I find if you dont do it in stages then the strip just gets stuck and you end up in a bit of a mess.
xxx

I also do this exactly the same lisa.
I find if you dont do it in stages then the strip just gets stuck and you end up in a bit of a mess.
xxx

All the more reason to use non strip wax as it's so much gentler.

Thank you for all your advice, it went ok, I was still nervous but its no where near the worst area of the body to do so I'll be okay next time.

I need to get in to using non-strip waxing, I have sort of got stuck in a rut with my strips! xx

Latest posts

Back