chinease products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karlalovesjay

Reaction score
Hello, I went to the chinease people to have my acrylics done and they used a clear base coat but it has a slight pink tint in it so it is nnot clear. It smells really nice too. Does any one know what this is? It aslso makes my white extension tips really stand out?:

What do you mean by base coat, what kind of product are we talking about here, did it come out of a bottle, a jar, how was it applied?
Are your nails done with Gel or Acrylic?
Why didn't you ask them what they were using?
Very few nail technicians on here (if any) use the same products as used in these discount nail bars as they buy cheap products in bulk thus keeping their costs down and making them able to undercut all the other nail bars.

^^^^^ I agree!! And yea with acrylic you don't have a base coat only a primer :)

its for my acrylics i had them infilled and everything. Soni have white extrnsion tips with acrylic over them. They then put what looked like a clear base coat of polish on with a slight pink to it. It was in a nial polish bottle with no labels on funny enough. Then they did some nail art and then put a normal clear on.

When you saw the unlabelled bottles did you not think to ask what it was ? I'm not being rude but I wouldn't sit and have an unknown product applied . I am quite fussy though what ever im having done hair etc I want to know exactly what is being used.

no as non of them could speak english very well and they were having a convosation between themselves

I appreciate im not answering your question here but i really need to get this off my chest...

I can pretty much guarantee you the products they are using include methyl methacrylate (MMA), which bonds to your natural nail in such a way that if you were to catch them on anything they would take your own nail off as well thus damaging your natural nail. Overexposure to MMA could eventually lead to Allergic reactions, sensitisation and contact dermatitis

HABIA are persistently trying to crack down on these untrained, unqualified 'nail techs' and many councils have made the use of MMA illegal, a few in my home town have been closed down recently for using MMA in their liquid & powder enhancements

Please please please take off those nails and go to a nail technician with a good reputation and the knowledge to tell you exactly what they are using, doing, and why

Samantha

xoxo

Karla, did it look like this? Not necessarily the same bottle but a sheer reddish pink? We have a lot of requests for this in our salon. If this is it, it's called the American Manicure pink.

220.jpg

go to a nail technician with a good reputation and the knowledge to tell you exactly what they are using, doing, and why

Samantha

xoxo

Could not agree, more! :)

Your profile states that you are a nail professional.

If that is the case, why on earth are you going to an NSS to have your nails done? Do I smell a rat here??

Karla, did it look like this? Not necessarily the same bottle but a sheer reddish pink? We have a lot of requests for this in our salon. If this is it, it's called the American Manicure pink.

View attachment 9806

What is that Tammie?

Your profile states that you are a nail professional.

If that is the case, why on earth are you going to an NSS to have your nails done? Do I smell a rat here??

I was thinking the same....
Rhiannon x

Why would a professional nail tech go to a nss???

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
What is that Tammie?

Lolly, it's a polish that looks red but goes on sheer. It's a deep pink and makes the nail bed deep pink. It's part of what is called an American Manicure.

Lolly, it's a polish that looks red but goes on sheer. It's a deep pink and makes the nail bed deep pink. It's part of what is called an American Manicure.

Oh I see, thanks. So many people go on about American manicures these days. Is this what that is then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back