Chipped French Shellac!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loulou1968

Reaction score
Can anyone advise me on chipped shellac? I did a French shellac yesterday morning on a client, who's just emailed me to tell me one of them has already chipped :( I used studio white as my tip. Her original nails were slightly yellow and very ridged, she's coming over to me this morning so I can sort it out!!

There are only a very few reasons why this might have happened.

1. The white was painted too thickly.

2. You did not ScrubFresh the free edge of the nail thoroughly enough including the very edge of the free edge.

3. The client did something to it that she shouldn't have done.

Last edited:
Studio white was quite runny so I applied two coats, and I did all my prep before hand, she was quite a clumsily client and I did ask her to be careful even after I'd finished her nails..

Studio white was quite runny so I applied two coats, and I did all my prep before hand, she was quite a clumsily client and I did ask her to be careful even after I'd finished her nails..

Strikes me that you are going to have trouble on your hands if you give into her. Maybe shorten her nails instead of redoing so that she is less clumsy with them.
That is what I would do. If she is clumsy with them now, how is she going to be when they are 2-3 weeks longer.

Lol...very true, I'll suggest that to her and tell you the outcome later!! :) thanks

Can anyone advise me on chipped shellac? I did a French shellac yesterday morning on a client, who's just emailed me to tell me one of them has already chipped :( I used studio white as my tip. Her original nails were slightly yellow and very ridged, she's coming over to me this morning so I can sort it out!!

Did you use the Shellac that you purchsed off Ebay from the USA?

Last edited:

Had I known that you purchased your products from an illegal supplier into the UK instead of from a UK distributor I would not have offered you any support.

Now this is what I call cheeky as hell, and a typical example of how you can get no support at all from those you gave your money to when you need it, but expect support from those who you blank in the UK.

Do you have a Shellac certificate? The CND UV Lamp?
When you are ready to use the UK distributors who only sell to professionals the number is 08452106060

Last edited:

I was just about to ask the same question. This was my point in your thread in chit chat loulou1968. You stated, in capital letters, that the products were genuine, think this proves they're not as a few of us tried to tell you. I even gave you a link to a thread started by Geeg, did you read it? It really is eye opening and I really recommend you do.

So once again and for the benefit mainly of other people who may be browsing these threads......ONLY BUY PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTS FROM GENUINE PROFESSIONAL SUPPLIERS

Oh my goodness me....I can't believe how some people write their views on here, whether you've been in the industry for 10yrs or 5 mins advice is always welcomed but please don't patronise the ladies/gents who need help... :)

i think you are missing the point loulou,

you are offering a shellac product to clients that you do not 100% know is shellac as you didnt get it from a reputable supplier...can you imagine how it feels to invest time and money into a product that others are trying to cash in on the back of it??

it would be like driving a skoda and putting a mercedes badge on it!!! people would look and assume it was a mercedes cos of the badge but underneath its really a skoda!!!

i havent done the shellac training yet, however i just had my first ever french client come back after after 3 weeks and she still had hers on!! i bought mine from sweet squared direct with the lamp......no problems incurred!

Oh my goodness me....I can't believe how some people write their views on here, whether you've been in the industry for 10yrs or 5 mins advice is always welcomed but please don't patronise the ladies/gents who need help... :)

No one is patronizing you at all, if you don't want the correct advice then don't post to ask. People like Geeg, Envy and Mum for example aren't just a long time in the nail business, they ARE the nail business and you won't get better advice than from them and lots more experienced geeks here.

What will you do if or when a client has a reaction to your "Shellac" and your insurance company doesn't pay out or support you because you didn't buy your products from a reputable supplier?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

As you're relatively new to this Lou Lou did you realise you weren't buying from a reputable supplier? I only ask as I also made this mistake a year ago, call me thick or naive but I honestly didn't realise this was a bad idea! If the problems occur again I would buy a small selection from the Official sellers then you will be able to see if it's the product, the application or the client.

Hope this makes you feel a bit better, it cost me £500 in wrong products xxx

No one has patronised you. Many of us explained in your previous thread the issues that you could encounter when buying Shellac from ebay. We did this to stip you encountering any problems and having any unhappy clients.

You're already having problems, as we suggested you might, so I think you would be better taking our advice and buying some GENUINE Shellac from an OFFICIAL DISTRIBUTOR (once again, as previously suggested) and have another go at doing your French manicure.

I have never found any of the Shellac shades to be "runny", they usually require a good shake to get them to the correct consistency as they start a little thicker, making me even more convinced that you are not using the real deal.

It doesn't matter if we've been in the industry for 10 years or 5 minutes, as you put it, we all recommend supporting your local, official distributor! That's the only way to guarantee great results and happy clients.

Latest posts

Back