Chocolate brown

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenfairy

Reaction score
HI,

does anyone have a good recipe for a Chocolate brown (using Koleston)? My client (sister :) ) wants an all over chocolate brown, but every brown in the shade chart is either 'too red/brown/purple/light/dark etc. I'm beginning to think this colour doesnt exist...

She is currently a a 30 mls of 5/73 with 2cm of 33/66, with 6/0 Highlights and 4/0 lowlights. (If its of any importance - Naturally a 4/0 Asian hair, Olive skin and brown eyes)

thank you,

zee x

have you checked out the mixes by jrobinson on tutorials? Asian hair will have more warmth when lifting so it may be better to take the warmth down a little to allow for the natural warmth by either mixing with base or using more of a gold shade instead of red,brunette ,copper or purple tones so eg ..think about mixing 5/0 + 4/77 or something like a straight 5.3 . it really depends on the type of chocolate colour , how much you are lifting and if there is any white to be covered

a strange thing is , its just a mixture of browns containing differant opposing tones , some like to use warm brunette and purple , clynol likes to use soft copper and grey ash .

Last edited:
Hi yes, Liana is right , chocolate brown is just varying degrees of browns and your version of chocolate may not be the same as anyone elses

why are you using tint (is it for grey hair )?
as you could try a rich demi quasi /semi for long lasting choccy tones and superb shine?
wella colour touch is a semi /demi and would be far better for the condition and is great for adding tone to darker hair ,
a 4/ 57 looks nice and chocolatey in the colour touch range mixed 1+2
and 1.9% or 4% if you wanted a more vibrant look
suppose you could do some test pieces first to see the result of both developers
especially if there has been some colour on before ,

yes.... I definitely think test pieces are the way forwards here to get those perfect chocolatey tones for your sister :) x minky

My sister gives her thanks :) went for a 4/57 1.9% coulour touch in the end.

zee x

Latest posts

Back