Choosing a red from Shellac or Gelish.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Minkus! Thanks for the pic. So you'd say that Hot Rod Red fits my criteria over any other Gelish red? I may be wrong but I can't remember HRR being on the colour wheel that Emma sent me, hence me thinking Red Roses could be a contender.

Thankyou to everyone else too, especially for your consistency as it gives me faith that that would be the correct choice if I chose Shellac for my red.

In the Nailympics held at Olympia last month the TOP 3 winners in division 1 for soak of gel manicure were GELISH techs (uk educators in fact...)....the Winner of division 2 .....was Gelish. (italian).......and the the winner of division 3 was yes you guessed it GELISH:green: so i think that kind of speaks for gelish......... and hot rod red :-0)

I think Gelish Hot Rod Red is the best colour, after all gelish got 1st,2nd & 3rd place at the nail comp last month. Colour speaks for its self:|

AH DITTO:green:

I've checked my pics again and HRR was on there. It was appearing more sheer than opaque though, which is why I must have discounted it!

I really think there is a gap in the market for selling colour wheels already done! I would pay top dollar for one as it would buy confidence in ordering my colour selection!

I've checked my pics again and HRR was on there. It was appearing more sheer than opaque though, which is why I must have discounted it!

I really think there is a gap in the market for selling colour wheels already done! I would pay top dollar for one as it would buy confidence in ordering my colour selection!

i absolutely 100% agree with you :hug:

Do you think Nail Harmony will listen? I know I would buy so much more if I was confident in the colours. Searching for this red has shown me just how different they can appear in each photo!

Where I live is impossible to go and check even in Sally's in the flesh.

BTW, did I get it wrong about Gelish HRR appearing sheer? Is it really opaque?

How about Gelish Stand Out?

Hi Puffle, thanks for your reply. Does it meet all my criteria? Thought that was too sheer too. Hey ho!

Gelish Hot Rod Red I recently used when competing in the nailympics....i'll try and upload a pic
What colour did you use on the French ? I'm using hot rod red on nails in a comp this weekend

What colour did you use on the French ? I'm using hot rod red on nails in a comp this weekend

Just so you know, MINKUS has been absent from Salon Geek since early 2014.

You may wish to create a new thread though, if you cannot readily find the answer to your question.

Latest posts

Back