Christmas Eve working hours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angelaznailz

Reaction score
Salon door bursts open and a once-a-year clients asks
"How much are your tans?"
I tell her and they she boldly says
"I want Christmas Eve, but not until I've done all my housework and prepared the turkey. Can you tan me about 8pm ?????"
Long story short - she's getting tanned at 4pm and then I'm off home to clean my own house & stuff MY turkey
I have a life too, Mrs !!!!! 😁

Out of curiosity
When are you guys all working till on Christmas Eve ?

I'm not 😄- Christmas Eve is for me and my family though I am open on Sunday. Have a great Christmas x

I'm not either... Learned from that mistake a few years ago! Finish on the 23rd and off til the 2nd Jan. I worked Christmas Eve one year and was so shattered Christmas Day that I didn't enjoy it at all. The last couple of years I've taken it off and it's so much nicer, gives me time to get the last few bits sorted and chill out before the chaos starts. I found when I did work Christmas Eve I just had people cancelling because they ran out of time, so not worth working anyway! x

We opened on Christmas Eve last year. I was busy doing all my shopping and my daughter worked all day. She had 4 no shows. Am expensive day all round. We decided this year that we will work dead late Monday and Tuesday but that's it. Christmas Eve, Christmas day and boxing day all to ourselves!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't work Christmas Eve either:Kissing:

No I don't work Christmas Eve. . You don't make enough on that one day to make up for the exhaustion you feel by then. You will no doubt be working extremely hard during the run up to Christmas so take that day for yourself and family. I'm a happier mum on Christmas day if I have an easy day before it

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't work Christmas Eve either, too many cancellations! People run out of time and the shopping/wrapping/cooking etc comes before their nails so they cancel last minute.

2.30pm for me and can not wait!!! Exhausted already, lost count of all the snowflakes on ring fingers I've done in the last week!!

I work until 3pm Christmas eve and then I'm off until January 7th. Woohoo!!

I'm working 8am to 3pm I don't have to prepare anything for dinner, I'm lucky lol all my shopping and wrapping gets done by December :) that will change when I have kids one day! X

I'm booked till 4pm xmas eve . Then off till the 29th can't come quick enough x

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

I am doing nails Christmas Eve morning then the rest of the day is for snuggles with my family! I'm also a children's nurse and working over Christmas so I guess I'm a little different! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won't work Christmas Eve, that is a day to spend with my excited children which is WAY more important than anything else :)

Like others, I learnt the hard way a few years ago with no shows, stressed clients and my unhappy children. It's just not worth it in my opinion.

I'm open untill 4.30pm Christmas Eve and were always really busy Christmas Eve especially with last minute people buying gift vouchers (mainly men)

When do you re-open after Christmas? We open on the Saturday 27th, tues 30th and weds 31st then close until the 3rd.However we have no bookings at all on these days we re-open!

I might see how it goes and maybe just open on one of the days?

I was going to open 27th but didn't see the point being closed sun and Monday . So making the most of it . Got a few booking on the 30th nothing on the 31st yet x

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

I didn't realise so many people didn't do xmas eve. We do 9-1 so not too bad.could be better and not work at all lol. Then back open 29th x

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

10am-4pm on Xmas Eve for me! Not opening on 27th don't see much point opening for a day and I've had no requests for that day anyway. Back open on 30th until 6pm & 31st until 4pm and closed 1st Jan back open on 2nd.

Got quite a few bookings for 3rd of jan which I was quite surprised about.

Given all December clients 20% off voucher to use in jan & feb 2015

Where I work we are open 10-4 Christmas Eve back on the 27th
Then off New Year's Day .

This is the first year i am closing Christmas eve. I have not had Christmas eve off in over 10 years. I have booked everyone in for the 22/23 dec, time is to short to be chasing the buck on Christmas eve. Wish i had done it years ago.

I'm also taking the day off, it's better to enjoy as everyone has said the run up is crazy this time of year I am working back to back finishing at 10:30pm and working Sunday to fit everyone in so I'm taking it off! I do get surprised by how many people have asked me if they can have appointments late xmas eve or even New Year's Day!!

Latest posts

Back