Christmas gift favours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tashastalons

Reaction score
Hi guys I was just writing out my christmas cards out for my clients and thought id like to offer them a little gift as a gesture of their good custom and loyalty, was thinking along the lines of a tiny favour bag (cheap off ebay) containing a few sweets, or chocs but also add a few cards with new year offers on them. But not sure what to put on them was thinking like 20% off with a spa pedicure for example :confused:
Not sure this is where I need your ideas!!!! lol Would be very grateful.:)

Also does anyone else give their clients mini gifts or money off vouchers for new year? (the quietest time of year!)

look forward to your replys Tasha.xxx

Hey Tasha, I was just talking about this to my BF. I'm just starting off mobile doing hair and tans, and am also trying to come up with a discount for clients for January.
I think I'll maybe give a £5 off voucher but am keen to see what everyone else is doing.
And are you going to get someone to print vouchers or do them yourself?
x

Hi Lisa thanks for reply.

When I moved from a salon to being selfemployed I gave all my clients a pricelist and a £5 money off voucher for their loyalty, which I felt after maybe I shouldnt of done as I was just starting off and needed all the money i could get maybe 10% off would have been better.
I was thinking more on the lines of how you can get them and ppl they know to have more treatments.
Like you could do for example have your hair cut & coloured and get a half price spray tan. or Introduce a friend and they get £5 off, incentives to encourage them to refer you meaning more potential regular clients which will help in the quiet months.xxx

See what you mean! See the inntroduce a friend thing, would you just put it to them in conversation, or would you get wee loyalty cards or something?
I'm so need to this but I'm afraid of starting to blabber when trying to explain to the client about it iykwim!
I think your price list with % off is a great idea. Sorry I have not been much use to you though!! x

yeh im just making up some professional cards on vistaprint now.
just saying that if they refer a friend or family member they will recive £5.00 off their next treatment plus friend gets 10% off first treatment.xxx

When i first started out i thought it would be lovely to get my clients a little thank you gift at xmas....so i did....and when i added up how much it cost me....OMG....just say you have 30 clients....and give them a small gift each worth £5 or even a £5 voucher...thats £150 !!!!

And once you start doing it...how do you stop.

I just couldn't afford it anymore and so for the last 2 years haven't done it...instead i write them each a card and say "thank you for your loyal custom and enjoyable company" in each and have a tin of quality sweets in my salon and they can help themselves.

My hairdresser, dentist or Mr Asda don't buy me anything for Xmas and i don't hold that against them....(and I am a loyal customer to them all)...:lol:

Its not about being tight...its not about not appreciating them...its about starting something that you find difficult to stop....it gets out of hand.

Its what you do for them all year round that counts...

Hi
I'm going to give a 20% off all treatments in January and Febuary.
The previous salon I worked in, it worked..... yes your regulary will return in January and Febuary but these are both quiet months and we found that clients,, that don't normally come in,, in these months returned and also most people had something extra.
Some it does work for and some it doesn't but I want to go that extra mile that clients don't get at salon's, I want to look after them so they don't go else where.

When i first started out i thought it would be lovely to get my clients a little thank you gift at xmas....so i did....and when i added up how much it cost me....OMG....just say you have 30 clients....and give them a small gift each worth £5 or even a £5 voucher...thats £150 !!!!

And once you start doing it...how do you stop.

I just couldn't afford it anymore and so for the last 2 years haven't done it...instead i write them each a card and say "thank you for your loyal custom and enjoyable company" in each and have a tin of quality sweets in my salon and they can help themselves.

My hairdresser, dentist or Mr Asda don't buy me anything for Xmas and i don't hold that against them....(and I am a loyal customer to them all)...:lol:

Its not about being tight...its not about not appreciating them...its about starting something that you find difficult to stop....it gets out of hand.

Its what you do for them all year round that counts...

I see where your coming from but, some of these clients may have only came in BECAUSE you had given them the discount and therefore you made a PROFIT on the remaining price they had spent.
Thats how I look at it, as Jan and Feb as we all know are quieter months.
I am sending all my existing customers a christmas card with offers in for spray tans, eyelash extensions and waxing.
x

Hi

You can get customised chocolates on line. Where you can have your logo on the wrapping, or how about mini rock sweets with your logo going through the middle. They can be placed in a bowl on your reception desk, and even if the client throws it into her handbag, when she finds it again your logo will remind her to have a beauty treatment at your salon.

Or make up mini treatment bags (like pinkies from CND) wrap them up in cellophane with green and red bows and a business card attached and sell them as stocking fillers for your clients friends, family etc.....

hope I helped

xxxx

Im with you Angie......Im not giving gifts, im applying for a temp alcohol licence so i can offer them a little tipple & a tin of chocs will be on the desk...

Im no scrooge but I have bills to pay in January & if i give them £5 off every treatment its not beneficial to my business...

I'm just starting out myself as mobile in Bristol and have just been on to Vista print and order some loyalty cards so for every 12 full price treatments my clients have they will get a free treatment. So even if they have a full set of nails and then rebalance or infil every 2 weeks that will still take 26 weeks or so to complete so I don't think I will lose out on much money as people may not even have the treatments regularly. Also doing 20% off all treatments until 31st December which has already got me a few new clients now on the run up to christmas, hopefully they will still be with me after!!!:green:
Good luck what ever you choose to do.

Hey guys thanks for replys!!
Yes I agree £5.00 is alot to give away, I learnt my lesson with that lol.

I dont want to spend much money just a little favour bag of chocs and some discount & offer cards which will benefit me in the quiet months and shows my appreciation of their custom. and I have worked out this costs me around £15 two tins of choclates for £7! 50 red and gold favour bags on ebay £3.50 and the card and ink lol well worth it if its going to bring me more business I think!

I know my regular clients will always be there but its getting the new ones, so its thinking of offers to do where clients can recommend me and they will benefit from getting money off.

also not many clients have pedicures after christmas so I think ill do an offer on them.

Tasha.xx:)

Latest posts

Back