Christmas Presents to give to clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be offering drinks, mince pies etc starting on the 2 weeks running up to christmas and carrying this on untill 2nd january 2008

Tricky as a mobile unfortunately, mince pies are lush!!

Tricky as a mobile unfortunately, mince pies are lush!!
You could still offer mince pies just take them in a tupperware holder :hug:

We us Christmas as a time to encourage community involvement, if a client wants to give a gift, rather than giving to us,we ask them to donate a haircut or style to the senior center, battered womens shelter, $1.00 or a canned good to the food bank in their name and ours.
Most of the clients enjoy picking out a card- we buy a couple of boxes- signing their name and the stylist name and we send them to the charity they chose. We then give them their "gift" - they get a discount to use for themselves on the service they purchased and donated. This allows us to give something to say thank you, fosters community spirit, provides a service to some one who may not have the funds or ability to pay for one, and gives us an opportunity to provide a second service for the client, hopefully teaching the students the value of repeat clientele.

Every year our "gift" list gets bigger, the senior center and the food bank really appreciate not only the services, but the spirit in which they were recieved.

We us Christmas as a time to encourage community involvement, if a client wants to give a gift, rather than giving to us,we ask them to donate a haircut or style to the senior center, battered womens shelter, $1.00 or a canned good to the food bank in their name and ours.
Most of the clients enjoy picking out a card- we buy a couple of boxes- signing their name and the stylist name and we send them to the charity they chose. We then give them their "gift" - they get a discount to use for themselves on the service they purchased and donated. This allows us to give something to say thank you, fosters community spirit, provides a service to some one who may not have the funds or ability to pay for one, and gives us an opportunity to provide a second service for the client, hopefully teaching the students the value of repeat clientele.

Every year our "gift" list gets bigger, the senior center and the food bank really appreciate not only the services, but the spirit in which they were recieved.

This is a wonderful idea, it actually brought tears to my eyes:cry:
Not sure how I would implement it myself though, but I may have a look at Oxfam GB : Shop : Gifts, Fair Trade Products and Donated Goods that Help Fight Poverty
Unfortunately the cheapest thing they do atm is £10 but maybe they will introduce some cheaper options for Christmas, I'm sure last year you could buy something for £6 (I think it was x number of school dinners)

EDIT: I have now found the school dinners on the website, you can also buy fertiliser for £6 (don't think I will be choosing that for my clients!)

Last year, for the first time, at one of the salons where I work we decided not to send xmas cards etc, but to fill shoe boxes!!! Take a look at Samaritan's Purse - International Relief Operation Christmas Child 2007. We have decided to do the same this year, clients and staff will either fill their own shoe box(s) or bring in suitable items to go towards filling a box. We decided to do this as every xmas we left the cards at the salon and it seemed such a waste of money, when for what we spent on client xmas cards could fill a box with so many goodies for lil uns all over the world. Sorry to go on a bit, I promise I am not a preacher or anything like that, but I bet any of you out there will ball your eyes out (I did!!) when you read some of the stories, never mind watch the DVD .

Hope some of you go for this, after all Christmas is the season of goodwill??

xxx

Latest posts

Back