Christmas/winter birthdays

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChicUnique

Reaction score
Hi geeks I thought id make a thread to see how many of us have/share winter birthdays. (I did a wee search but didn't see one already) and whats your biggest love/hate about having a winter birthday.

So my birthday is 18th december. I love it because my boys are both November.and my hubby is Feb. so this end of the year is non stop for us then we spend all year saving up hehe :)

I hate it because trying to organise anything for my birthday is a nightmare :( xx

I don't have a birthday around December time (mines the beginning of August) but pretty much all of my family and friends birthdays are in August too so we spend all year saving up for that!! You'd probably pass out when you see all the people I know with birthdays in August!

Leanne
X

My Wedding Aniversary is the 18th of December and my birthday is the 17th of January. Unfortunatley being so close to Christmas and new year usually means one big Pressie for both or now with the Anniversary one big pressie for all 3. Hubby is in July so we have a bit of time to recover before he needs spoiling

My birthday used to be a summer birthday which was great for parties and entertaining but now that I am in the UK it is in the middle of the coldest part of winter so still taking some getting used to

I'm the 3rd January and hate it! No one ever has any money to do anything and people usually try and tie in both presents together :(

My birthday was 18 Nov and my daughters 28 November and there too close to Christmas for me, x x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

My birthday was yesterday my Gran's is two days before, my Mum's is today and my sisters is the 28th. It's an expensive time for my Dad!

Mine is new years day.... I spend all day feeling really Ill from the night before :( xx

My dad's birthday is Hogmanay and he hates it. He has now actually decided that he is going to celebrate his half birthday in July instead.

Ooh yeah I hate the joint pressies! I always tell anyone that suggests it that il just do the same for them :) usually sorts it out hehe xx

I'm the 9th December which I love as everyone's getting into the festive spirit. My son is at the beginning of January which he loves as I buy his presents in the sales so he gets more!

Happy birthday everyone with a celebration coming up xx

My birthday was yesterday my Gran's is two days before, my Mum's is today and my sisters is the 28th. It's an expensive time for my Dad!

Our's is exactly like that!! Grandma on the 2nd August, grandad and sisters bf 3rd, mine and my friends 4th, cousin and auntie 6th, hubbys and his sisters 8th, my friend 12th, my sister 28th and a fair few more friends in between!!

Leanne
X

Mine is the 2nd January...I used to hate it as I got a big present for christmas and nothing for my birthday or the rest of the year when all my friends had birthdays in the summer. (And I am twin so I usually got whatever she wanted at the time. Like a high, lacey neck shirt in the style of Princess Diana in the 80's. I was a tomboy!!!) Then I came up with my 'half' birthday which is on July 2nd. Now I get a big present for christmas and birthday and another one in July. Works rather well!!:green:

Got to say my other half hates my birthday, 30th January, normally the day before pay day after Christmas lol suffice to say we celebrate properly on 31st lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Mines 10th of january and I hate it being so close to xmas and new years because everyones skint, nothings open, normally snows so I end up lucky to get out at all! Im so jealous of people who have birthdays in the spring or summer!

My birthday is 18th January, most people are don't have much spare cash to do things because they spent to much over Christmas, so they use January to stay in, save money and detox! Plus the weathers usually freezing and miserable. So I have a half birthday on the 18th June as well :)

My birthday is dec 28th not so bad now but when I was younger friends were always busy when it came to having parties. My mums is Xmas eve :)

I'm liking the half birthday idea, il try and sell it to the husband :))) x

Im very lucky my birthday is august so a nice gap between it and xmas! Half my families birthdays however, fall within 5 weeks of xmas!

Older brother on 9th jan, eldest son on 27th jan, little brother 28th jan amd youngest son 1st feb! Its a nightmare knowing what to get the awkward boys for xmas never mind their birthdays!

Then another 4 family birthdays in april, then thats me done til september for stepmummy and OH! Im the only one who doesnt share a birth month haha xx

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

My birthday is 18th December too :)
I LOVE having a Christmas birthday, I always found folk were in the spending spirit so got lovely pressies.

One of my children has a birthday 27th December and she too loves it for the same reason as I did lol.
We've always put her birthday pressies under the tree on Boxing Day all ready for the next day lol.

It was said from day dot that Christmas and birthday are two seperate days so please to act accordingly and thankfully she's never received a joint present and she's coming up 15 so not bad.. We also do her a half birthday bash :)

My daughter's bday is 23rd of Feb and I personally hate it. I wish it was a month later. Plus points are I can usualy buy her pressies in the sales but bad points is there is very rarely anything she wants cause she gets it all for Xmas.

She's 10 in Feb so hopefully now she's getting older it will get easier because she will just want clothes etc. I'm currently trying to convince her the new spring shellac colours would be a fab bday pressie. She's not falling for that one though. Xc

Latest posts

Back