Chroma Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaisyMouse

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this gel which you can use with any nail polish? If so do you like it and can it be applied to the natural nail?

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
hi yes i saw it at the show at olympia andsaw that it worked with any nail colour polish !! got very excited so brought it !!
but its not what it seemed imo,
its like a builder gel you apply a layer then cure then file/shape then apply coat of colour allow to dry then apply more gel cure and shape its basically like a buff off gel , and from what iv heard its really important fro the polish to be dry or it wrinkles as the gel cures and shrinks !!

as i say this is only what i made of it after watching the video and reading through literature never actually used it !!
HTH

hi yes i saw it at the show at olympia andsaw that it worked with any nail colour polish !! got very excited so brought it !!
but its not what it seemed imo,
its like a builder gel you apply a layer then cure then file/shape then apply coat of colour allow to dry then apply more gel cure and shape its basically like a buff off gel , and from what iv heard its really important fro the polish to be dry or it wrinkles as the gel cures and shrinks !!

as i say this is only what i made of it after watching the video and reading through literature never actually used it !!
HTH

Thanks, it sounded good as my clients like my polishes and are disappointed if I cant find their usual colour form the shellac/gelish. But think I will just stick to gelish and shellac, as im sure you will have to wait a while for the polish to dry!

ok just watched vid again maybe i was a bit rash with the builder gel .... as it is a soak off:rolleyes:

Thanks, it sounded good as my clients like my polishes and are disappointed if I cant find their usual colour form the shellac/gelish. But think I will just stick to gelish and shellac, as im sure you will have to wait a while for the polish to dry!

oh def think shellac is miles better !!
i wouldnt use on a natural nail client maybe an enhhancement one

Just didn't like the idea after I brought it and cause of the drying the polish x

Thanks I will just stick to what I have. Thanks for your advice.

Hi i have it and love it i have only used it on myself and a few family members so far it has never cracked the polish colour underneath (i do have a polish dryer that i and my family models put there hands under for 3 minutes) this may have helped. I have had mine on for 3wks tommorow and its still chip free and is still so shiney!!! i bought it like you just to test but i am thrilled with it give it a try its so easy to use xx

forgot to say yes it can be applied to the natural nail i have only applied it to natural nails so far so cannot comment on how it is on enhancements it makes the nail feel stronger while still maintaining a flexibility and realness.

Last edited:
I've been using it for weeks and I love it too. My clients are so pleased they are referring me to their friends and family. Its just the boost my business needed.

:):)
Has anyone tried this gel (www.k-mbeauty.com) which you can use with any nail polish? If so do you like it and can it be applied to the natural nail?

:lol:
Hi yes I have bought it and it's really good. It works on natural nails really well. And the good thing is I can use any nail polish with it. So My clients are happy too.
It's a soft gel and I have soaked it off in 10 minutes.
I don't think you can use it on tips. It's not a builder gel.
:)
I would definitely recommend it. I think it great!!

What kind of lamp does it cure under? Also do you have to wait for the nail polish to dry before putting the last coat of gel on?

Thanks

According to the website it needs a 36w UV lamp, and yes it needs the polish to be completely dry. It all sounds a bit of a d1ckabout to be honest with 4 coats of the gel, plus 2 coats of regular polish, buffing and faffing.
I considered it for, oh, about 20 pico seconds, before deciding to stick with Shellac, despite the distribution difficulties.

Im considering this now as i love my china glaze so much and the idea of having to buy only 1 tub of this gel and have 50 colour options sounds brilliant!

Anymore people bought this?

Any other suppliers anyone know of?

Surely the polish isn't properly dry underneath though? Only touch dry as doesn't it take approx 12 hours for a polish to completely dry?

Surely by putting gel over the top of a not 100% dry polish this will cause fungal problems as the nail bed is still wet?
Or is this counteracted by putting a gel first on the natural nail?

Did you all know that you can mix your polish 2 parts polish to 1 part building gel so that takes away drying time as it just sets in the lamp for 2 minutes per coat. I am going on the course with Chromagel in London to learn to use it so can let you know more. Like most of you I am now in posession of several hundred bottles of redundant nail polish as I do nothing other than Artistic Colour Gloss, Bio Sculpture or Acrygel French. For the cost of this kit I am hoping to breath new life into my traditional polishes.

I don't really know or nor have used this product but after reading about it briefly it seems like having regular polish and then gel on top is overload on natural nails:eek: That's just my thoughts, I guess i won't be using it as i have gelish and now shellac which i think are brilliant. This seems to much fussin!
Good luck tho to the peeps that are trying it. :)

Did you all know that you can mix your polish 2 parts polish to 1 part building gel so that takes away drying time as it just sets in the lamp for 2 minutes per coat. I am going on the course with Chromagel in London to learn to use it so can let you know more. Like most of you I am now in posession of several hundred bottles of redundant nail polish as I do nothing other than Artistic Colour Gloss, Bio Sculpture or Acrygel French. For the cost of this kit I am hoping to breath new life into my traditional polishes.

Let me know how the course goes, I'm thinking about doing it, need to decide if a day in London for a two hour course is justified?!? Mmm I could go shopping for the rest of the day I suppose!!! Lol x

I finally got to test it at the beauty show.

She mixed the polish into gel in a pot as its quicker she says , no waiting for polish to dry. Although i use china glaze and that is SUPER FAST drying polish anyway.

It went on well, was tough on and protected my nail very well indeed, didnt want to come off for removal lol but did eventually, i see that as a positive as that means its highly unlikley to chip and peel.

My verdict is its good hardwearing stuff to get your nails strong and long! But as ive got lots of other gels im not buying.

I believe this products was 2 years TOO LATE!! weve all bought the other ranges already!

Just so you know, i work with Bio sculpture, gelish, truegel and what was gelez.

Latest posts

Back