Chroma Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think I might invest, for me it works out better as I am just starting out so the set up cost is much lower, of I like it I will stick with it if not then it will give me time to save up for something better! X

I have purchased the Chroma gel to see what its like after having clients ask me about gel nails. I am a 'natural' nail girl and I am not into enhancments (sorry techs). I use Mavala polish in the salon and all my ladies love the choice of colours, while Mavala is hard wearing and long lasting as far as natural nail polishes go, I still have ladies that would like gel for when they go on holiday. So I went over to see about Chroma Gel.
There are 3 techniques and even though you have to wait for the polish to be (touch) dry which isnt too long with the Mavala polish I like that choice the best (if you mix the Chroma Gel with the polish and then apply it then if you have to mix more and its not the same mix you can get a slight colour variation ie infills).
At first I was a little disappointed as it seem to come off (peel) but I rang the trainer and she gave me some advice over the phone and glad to say the Chroma Gel seems to be working.
For someone like me who is not a nail tech but would like to other an alternative I would recommend the Chroma gel, and best of all there is not a huge cost layout like some of the other brands. And you can use it with any polish. oh and even better, the training is FREE! if you want to go over and check it out before you buy.:p

Just marking this so i can find it later.. I too invested in chroma gel :)

Has anyone else tried this? Looking for some feedback to find out if I should invest in it :-D

I think it's less of an issue now that there is a positive rainbow of coloured soft gels available!

Maybe a bit short lived? Reading on here it seems like a lot of work but then again it does sound handy because a lot of my clients ask "can i get that colout" and its just a normal polish so something like this would be great. Have u tried it?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

No, to be truthful, I haven't. I saw it being demoed at a show and it looked a bit of a faff!
What I'd like is if CND brought out matching minis for their shellac in nail enamel so that people can effect a running repair!

I would love that too :D retail heaven !!!!

I bought this at the Professional beauty Excel. I've used it a few times.

I like the idea that you can utilise your nail polish collection!

I use Ezflow Gel it.

Was wondering can you use it over acrylics?

Has it been good for you when you have used it? And what do u do?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Theres a mixing technique they did at the Professional Beauty show - was really good and much faster than the layered technique.:biggrin:

Hi i have it and love it i have only used it on myself and a few family members so far it has never cracked the polish colour underneath (i do have a polish dryer that i and my family models put there hands under for 3 minutes) this may have helped. I have had mine on for 3wks tommorow and its still chip free and is still so shiney!!! i bought it like you just to test but i am thrilled with it give it a try its so easy to use xx

forgot to say yes it can be applied to the natural nail i have only applied it to natural nails so far so cannot comment on how it is on enhancements it makes the nail feel stronger while still maintaining a flexibility and realness.

Hi. I have just read lots of negative feed back on this product which has dishearted me. i have been a mobile beauty therapist for 10 years, and have been on off for last 5 years due to maternity leave. So im old school with the gels. I do the gel extensions. So got this to use with my new polishes as its way to expensive to purchase a whole load of shellic or gelish? Any tips would be great

How much do you charge for this?

Has anyone tried the new Chroma Gel 1 Step polish - it looks amazing !!

Latest posts

Back