Claiming on beauty insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitzybiz

Reaction score
I have insurance with proffesional beauty direct and i was wondering like with cars,does your insurance go up when u claim? for example a acetone spillage on furniture or a broken figurine (both has happened recentley) and is it a long winded process? My clients havent took it further but wanted to know for the future or maybe ill compensate them? Do i have to pay excess? I know this sounds silly. Just wondered how anyone has dealt with this before, Thankyou xx

Hi I'm not with the same insurance company as you so can't say it will be the same but with mine if I were to make a claim I would pay the excess but the claim does not affect my premium (within reason) give yours a call and ask them about it they will give you the best answer hth :) x

First of all have a good read through your policy (if you haven't got a copy request one). Your excess will be stated in the policy and if you ever make a claim this amount will be deducted from your payout.

I have a single all in one policy that covers me for buildings, contents, employers liability, legal cover, treatment liability and loss of rent etc... In June we had a flash flood of rain and water overspilled from guttering into the flats above the salon through the cavity wallspace. The cost of repairs and renewals came to about £450 and my excess is £300. If I made a claim I would have received £150 net from the insurer.

I spoke to my broker and he estimated that making the claim would add about £70-80 a year to the annual premium for about 5 years, so in the long run I am better off not making a claim.

If you are thinking about making a claim first of all find out your excess. If needed, then also find out future likely (if at all) premiums you will incur in making such a claim. You can then work out if it is financially viable to make a claim on your policy.

ok thanks ill have dig through my paperwork then, might not be worth it then xx

Latest posts

Back