Cleanse face once or twice a day?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I double cleanse at night to remove all my make up, if I'm being 'lazy' on a morning i'll use thalgo's 2in1 cleansing water which cleanses and tones but as a rule I do try to practice what I preach and fully cleanse in the morning too! Got to say though, I've always suffered with breakouts and worked with lots of different ranges but eve Taylor's purifying range seems to have sorted it out :) xx

Other than when washing my hands I use no kind of soap, shower gel, moisturiser, shampoo, tooth paste, deodarant or any products at all other than aqueous cream, organic cold pressed coconut oil and salt......and I'm the fairest in all the land!

I have to ask, how do you wash your hair and teeth? What do you use as an alternate to deodorant?

What do u do with the coconut oil and salt? I am assuming you make a scrub? . . .

Got me all curious now! :)

I have to ask, how do you wash your hair and teeth? What do you use as an alternate to deodorant?

What do u do with the coconut oil and salt? I am assuming you make a scrub? . . .

Got me all curious now! :)

I went through a faze of "naturalism" about 8 years ago (not naturism btw). I became vegan and all that crazy stuff. While I now eat all kinds of rubbish I have kept a few of my old habits. I do brush my teeth, I just don't use tooth paste - just dry brush. It's the brushing action that removes the plaque, the paste is just flavour. I honestly have had not the slightest sign of decay or dental problems since.
The coconut oil I put in the bath - rub into my skin then use exfoliating mitts all over. The aqueous cream is used in the gym showers as other gym users would be breaking their necks slipping over if I was to use oil there.
The salt (ammonium alum - a mineral salt) I disolve in water and make a deodorant spray.
I shave my head (I'm male btw) so just wash that with the oil and gloves.

I exfoliate every day. I have always thought why remove dirt when you can just remove the skin the dirts on! I am suspicious of products in general and I save tonnes of money too!

I went through a faze of "naturalism" about 8 years ago (not naturism btw). I became vegan and all that crazy stuff. While I now eat all kinds of rubbish I have kept a few of my old habits. I do brush my teeth, I just don't use tooth paste - just dry brush. It's the brushing action that removes the plaque, the paste is just flavour. I honestly have had not the slightest sign of decay or dental problems since.
The coconut oil I put in the bath - rub into my skin then use exfoliating mitts all over. The aqueous cream is used in the gym showers as other gym users would be breaking their necks slipping over if I was to use oil there.
The salt (ammonium alum - a mineral salt) I disolve in water and make a deodorant spray.
I shave my head (I'm male btw) so just wash that with the oil and gloves.

I exfoliate every day. I have always thought why remove dirt when you can just remove the skin the dirts on! I am suspicious of products in general and I save tonnes of money too!

I'm really interested in this since cutting down on facial products my skin has actually improved. Where do you buy your coconut oil from? Is it just a beauty wholesaler? I love the smell of coconut and think this sound lush. Any particular reason why coconut oil, or is just because it smells lovely and is affordable?

Think I might look into this more because I do get mild eczema patches on my chest and back. This would probably help with that.

Hi Zoe. It’s worth trying new things and seeing if they help.

Coconut oil has been used for literally 1000s of years as a skin and hair tonic. I use the organic virgin oil when cooking (great fried mushrooms, tomatoes and egg fried rice) and the organic refined one on my body. The virgin one tastes and smells of coconut and the refined one is almost fragrance free. It may seem like a good idea to wear the smelly one on your skin but tbh as it’s a natural product the fresh coconut smell isn’t like the artificial fragrances and doesn’t stay fresh for long.

On the whole I am sceptical of the benefits of most skincare products on the market. Companies make money from customers coming back for more – it’s in their interests for your skin to feel like crap when you’re not using their products. I know people who use lip balm all year round. The minute they stop using it their lips dry up so they use the balm again. People are actually addicted to these products. Of course if they stopped using them for a week or two, the dryness would clear up on its own.

Anywho……………

Certified Organic Carrier Oils

Certified Organic Carrier Oils

Latest posts

Back