Cleanse face once or twice a day?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Zoe*

Reaction score
Hey geeks,

Interested to see what other geeks do. Having a natter today with a few fellow beauty therapist about our love if Eve Taylor and somehow got on to the topic of how often we cleanse our faces.

I double cleanse at night (makeup) and just one cleanse in the morning. Another therapist, who I should say has beautiful skin, said she double cleanses at night,but in the morning she only wipes over her face with toner to remove any oilsor dirt then reapplies moisturisers and creams etc before her make.

I know this is not suitable for everyone,like people with oily skin. I have heard this before, with people saying it helps restore the skins acid mantel.

Thinking about giving it a go to see how my skin reacts. What's everyone's thoughts on this?

Hi Zoe, I have oily skin with hormonal acne which is controlled by the Pill.

I don't typically cleanse in a morning, if I'm going to be applying makeup in the morning then I'll give my skin a wipe over. My skin is very sensitive & if I cleanse too much it goes horribly dry & sallow looking. I double cleanse if I've been wearing makeup, once with a clarifying cleanser to remove all traces of makeup, then an oily, emollient cleanser after & remove with hot water & a towel. The thing I find with most people that talk to me about skin problems is that they cleanse too much or ineffectively. Hth :)

I double cleanse morning and night, I just automatically go to do it!
Which pill have you been put on to control your acne? Some times that and cause dry skin

I'm TERRIBLE. I probably shouldn't be admitting this here but I barely ever cleanse at night and I'm a full face of makeup girl. I wash my face in the morning with either Simple foaming cleanser, S&G hot cloth cleanser or 80% of the time a Simple face wipe and then moisturise with whatever I'm currently trying out- Soap & Glory .... can't remember the name but it's something to do with factors.

I get hormonal spots and have dry patches above my eyebrows but apart from that am lucky enough to have alright skin.

I'm sure I'll live to regret my slovenly ways though.

I tried lots of stuff and a few weeks ago kind of have up, I now use Nivea wipes morning and night along with the oily/combo moisturiser and once a week exfoliate and use a face mask. My skin has never been better!xx

I cleanse at night using eve Taylor balancing cleanser or neals yard wild rose one, tone and moisturise. In the morning I just splash with water or use toner, then moisturise :)

Easiest way you'll find out is to try, you'll not know how your skin will go until you do it :)

The skin works hard through the night, and amongst other functions will be busy excreting.
The primary function of a toner is to restore the ph value, so that the natural acidity is present.
So, I believe that, yes, we do need to use a cleanser in the morning too.

Everyone should definitely cleanse morning and night, regardless of skin type. Just think about what your skin does while you sleep and the also the sweat!

Double cleansing at night is a must, especially to thoroughly remove make up and any spf products.

Though I would let you guys know how I was getting on.

I wiped my face with toner this morning then proceeded to eye cream, moisturiser and then makeup as usual. Can't say I am a fan. Felt a little grotty. Might try and stick it out for a week to see how my skin reacts. Not sure I could manage a week though :)

Everyone should definitely cleanse morning and night, regardless of skin type. Just think about what your skin does while you sleep and the also the sweat!

Double cleansing at night is a must, especially to thoroughly remove make up and any spf products.

Agreed!

On a side note though, my make up looks amazingly smooth and flawless. O usual use moisturiser and primer underneath but it does look better today.

Although I am not 'cleansing' my face, I am wiping it over with toner.

Not sure I will stick to it though, I think my cleansing routine is too ingrained into me. I would have to have amazing results to stick to it long term. Wanting to try it out as I have heard many beauticians recommend it, although usually for clients with dryer skins.

Definately cleanse morning and night!

I cleanse and tone every night with Elemis rehydrating rose petal cleanser and soothing apricot toner (I have quite dry skin) then moisturise with Elemis pro collagen marine cream... Of a morning I usually just rinse with warm water then use an Elemis serum, eye cream and again pro collagen cream... I feel like a minger now haha ... I constantly get comments on my skin which is always clear and blemish free thankfully, I too will try the twice daily cleanse and see how it goes ;)

I cleanse and tone every night with Elemis rehydrating rose petal cleanser and soothing apricot toner (I have quite dry skin) then moisturise with Elemis pro collagen marine cream... Of a morning I usually just rinse with warm water then use an Elemis serum, eye cream and again pro collagen cream... I feel like a minger now haha ... I constantly get comments on my skin which is always clear and blemish free thankfully, I too will try the twice daily cleanse and see how it goes ;)

If your skin is lovely I would leave it as it is :)

I am icing the opposite, trying cleansing once a day instead of twice.

Thought I would do a quick update for anyone interested.

Surprisingly I think my skin has improved. The improvement I have seen is a more uniform colour all over my face. I used to get a few spots on my chin but these have cleared up nicely in the last couple of weeks. The exact opposite of what I was expecting to happen.

I think my skin has improved my that much that I don't feel I need makeup ... If it wasn't for the dark circles under my eyes! Lol

Glad you updated because I had forgotten about this! I started to cleanse truce a day just to see ... And broke out with 2 spots on my chin :( back to the once a day and water of a morning for me!

Glad to hear you've had an improvement :) x

I only cleanse once at night (I never double cleanse, I'm bad). In the morning I spray toner and moisturise.

I've got really dry skin at the moment, so I've been putting lush's ultrabalm on my forehead before I go to sleep and that seems to be helping with the dry patch there.

Other than when washing my hands I use no kind of soap, shower gel, moisturiser, shampoo, tooth paste, deodarant or any products at all other than aqueous cream, organic cold pressed coconut oil and salt......and I'm the fairest in all the land!

Latest posts

Back