Clear gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi, I’m a newly qualified beauty therapist and am currently also training as a nail tech. I’ve had a lady contact me for a gel manicure but she’s a student nurse and is not allowed colour on her nails. Can you get a clear gel polish? If so would I do the normal base, 2 coats of polish and then top coat? I’ve had a look online and can only find clear top and base. Thanks in advance.

What brand are you using?

It depends on the program, but some are more lenient than others. Some will accept sheer, but others want no color at all. I often successfully used sheer colors like OPI Love is in the Bare, Gelish Simple Sheer, or CND Clearly Pink on nurses. This is also a great opportunity to use a gel like Gelish Structure to give nails strength and little to no color. But, again, have her double check with her college/facility. Many don't allow any nail enhancements, including gel polish.

What brand are you using?

It depends on the program, but some are more lenient than others. Some will accept sheer, but others want no color at all. I often successfully used sheer colors like OPI Love is in the Bare, Gelish Simple Sheer, or CND Clearly Pink on nurses. This is also a great opportunity to use a gel like Gelish Structure to give nails strength and little to no color. But, again, have her double check with her college/facility. Many don't allow any nail enhancements, including gel polish.

Thank you. I tend to use blue sky, I have quite a few brands but keep going back to this one. I have seen the CND Clearly Pink, do you recommend that? I wasn’t sure if it would be sheer enough. She has checked with her uni and clear gel is fine but she’s not allowed extensions or colour.

Latest posts

Back