Clear or natural tips for glitter/crushed shell?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoyalLass

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondered what you all think are the best tips to use when using glitter or crushed shells...I was thinking clear...but doesn't the clear show through the shells?

Never done either before but am about to put in an order so I can start practising!!

Thanks.

I like to use clear tips as the design will look just as pretty on the underside of the free edge, as it does on the form of the nail.

However, if you're not fussed about seeing your design from the underside of the free edge, then save your dosh and just use natural tips.

Hi,

I would also use the clear tips for both glitter and shells.
I personally like how you can see the shells, or glitter, under the free edge. I also think that when you use clear tips with glitter, they sparkle more, as light can shine through the tip (if you know what I mean) :p

I think you should try both, maybe have just one tip of each made up to show your client, I find a visual helps the client decide, I dont like the glitter acrylics on a clear tip because you can see through it when the light shines through it, but I have some clients that prefer it!!

I would use the clear tips.Why dont you do one of each, then you can make up your own mind what you think looks best hun.xxxx:hug:

Latest posts

Back