Clear tips with acrylic?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystaltash

Reaction score
Hi geeks. I have a new therapist in the salon and she does l&p. She has been properly trained and lots of experience.
However, there is one thing she does that I had never heard of and I wonder if it's right.
She uses clear tips for her extensions and she says u don't need to blend them in like natural tips. U just buff them a bit and they disappear when u put the l&p on!!
She showed me and it looked great, but I always thought you had to blend the tips?
She has had a few problems now with some nails coming off and I don't want it to put clients off. Is it the the way the tips are applied, do u think or should I invest in a better glue? And after about 2 weeks, clients nails are starting to become a bit ragged at the cuticles and start lifting a wee bit, but I just thought that would be when maintenance was due?
Any thoughts geeks? Xxx

I sometimes I use clear tips, I do a little buff and then use clear l&p or hard gel, I normally use them so the glitter and colour shows well in the acrylic/gel, so when completed just do a uv top coat. It does depend on the tip type how much buffing is needed to blend.

I don't tend to use them for every service as some people want a natural look which a clear tip doesn't do.

I don't think it's the tips that are necessarily causing the lifting on the edges, that could be a list of things, a little bit of cuticle left, bit of acrylic touching the side wall, or client being heavy handed, tips coming off only then that maybe because they weren't put on correctly, meaning maybe a air bubble in the glue, or the side of the tip not 100% stuck or tip not fitting correctly, so many things, quite hard without actually seeing the work.

Latest posts

Back