Client asking for respray-one white arm and thigh

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommo

Reaction score
Hi all, I sprayed a lady yesterday. I use sienna x. She had 8% last time and wanted to be darker so we went for the 10%.

All went well except for a few green marks on her legs! Told her she must have left some product on and that it should wash off fine etc but next time ensure everything is fully washed off.

Receive a text this morning asking me to come respray as her thighs are white and one arm is white?
I don't understand how Asia I did it exactly the same as I always do!
Any ideas? In going back today.

Also, how would I respray her thighs?

Do you think she panicked with the green marks and washed her legs?
I would ask her come back so you can view the white areas.
Personally I would offer to either spray the areas to keep her happy or to offer a discount for her next visit.

Thanks , maybe! As she did keep saying 'should I wash these green marks?' and I told her to leave them.

I've asked for photos but no reply yet! I'm mobile too so means having to go back which is a pain if it is her fault but of course I want to rectify the situation. Just wondering what I could have done to cause this!

Hi

Not sure of your routine but I have my clients turn to the side to spray the side of arm, torso and leg. Do you think maybe it's possible that on this occasion you either missed it or sprayed the same side twice (I've done it myself once). Just wondered as it's both the arm and the thigh. Personally I'd just go and see for yourself and if necessary respray the area x

Sound to me like she messed with it or sat with her legs crossed on the sofa or left product on. I am certain that it is nothing you did. Unfortunately clients do tell porkies. Go and fix her tan for her today and ONLY spra the white bits. She cant have another full tan for free just because she took no notice of your advice. Let her know in a nice way that you are doing this as a one off and then if she books with you again she should be grateful that you did her this favor.

If it happens again, charge her for the touch up and let her know that you will

Until you see the photo's do not offer anything! You will soon see if it's due to her or not. If it's the inside of her thighs then it's possible it's due to urine - if she's relieved herself in the shower and not been very careful about scrubbing it off - it will block the tanning solution!
As for her arm - if it's where it's gone green then she may have either washed it or the solution might have been blocked by the product... I've had that happen once...

Ultimately I guess it's up to you but I'd make her come to you if it was for a touch up...

Hi all, I have an update,

I went along to have a look and the inside of one arm was slightly paler than the other so I re sprayed this.

As for her thighs, they were paler and her legs were patchy! So there's me thinking 'oh no, what have I done!?'
I said 'are you sure you didn't moisturise the morning of your tan?'
She told me that she did! But thought that a quick shower before her tan would have washed it all off!

I could see where she had moisturised and where she hadnt and this is what it had caused. So I did respray her legs for her and luckily she was lovely and offered to pay but I declined. Although I again, gave her prep advice for next time (she has the prep advice anyway)

If it happens again though, I won't be respraying without charging,

Thanks all for your help :)

Hi all, I have an update,

I went along to have a look and the inside of one arm was slightly paler than the other so I re sprayed this.

As for her thighs, they were paler and her legs were patchy! So there's me thinking 'oh no, what have I done!?'
I said 'are you sure you didn't moisturise the morning of your tan?'
She told me that she did! But thought that a quick shower before her tan would have washed it all off!

I could see where she had moisturised and where she hadnt and this is what it had caused. So I did respray her legs for her and luckily she was lovely and offered to pay but I declined. Although I again, gave her prep advice for next time (she has the prep advice anyway)

If it happens again though, I won't be respraying without charging,

Thanks all for your help :)

Just think tho she is now going to go tell all her friends how amazing you are for fixing it :) x

Just think tho she is now going to go tell all her friends how amazing you are for fixing it :) x

Aw thanks :) I hope so! She said she is re booking anyway. Thanks everyone x

Latest posts

Back