Client being a pain!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinknfluffy

Reaction score
Hi all, just after a bit of advice. I have a client whom I first waxed 5 weeks ago, it was her first ever wax and she was a serial shaver! I explained at the time that as she had shaved fairly recently the results would not be so good, and recommended a re-wax at 3-4 weeks. After the wax (pits,legs,bikini & eyebrow) we were both really pleased with the results (good old perron rigot!) not a hair in sight, but again I reminded her that she would probably see some re-growth within a week or two, due to all the shaving etc. She said she wanted to wait at least 4 weeks, and against my advice booked in for 5 weeks time (next mon).
This monday I get a text from her saying shes really hairy again and could I fit her in sooner - I arranged a free slot for tues. At 11.55pm Monday night I get a text saying she needs to cancel, can i do weds? I reply that im fully booked weds but can do thurs, she says great & we book. 45 mins before her appointment this morning she texts and says shes not well and will contact me when better. Fair enough, I put it down to her either having just shaved instead or lack of money. I then get a text after lunch that says "I want waxing next monday as per my original appointment" I reply that the appointment has now been filled, but I can fit her in Weds. She replies "ok 9am" luckily i have no clients yet for weds so booked her in. Then 15 mins ago I get another text saying "not weds, tues at 9am".
I havent replied yet. I really feel she is just messing me around, but as I'm still in early stages of building my business, Im a little afraid to upset the few clients I have, especially has she has already recommended a friend who is turning into quite a regular! What would you do?

Fit her in on Tues at 9.
That's all you can do, fingers crossed she settles down once she gets used to waxing and keeps her regular appointments.
Texting is a nightmare, talking on the phone would make things more solid if you know what I mean.

I wont take an appointment via text or Facebook. Call her. If you can't fit her you can decide a time between you amd politely remind ger of your cancellation policy.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks,
Yes, I hate texting, but she has hearing problems and we agreed on texting at first appointment! I realise that this is possibly the reason her texts come across so aggressive too!
I have replied and booked her in for Tuesday... like you said, fingers crossed!

I have a few clients like this! I don't think they realise that you haven't got an open book and expect to come exactly when they want - it gets quite demanding and annoying, but then you don't want to turn custom away xxx

Very nnoying! Just be honest, if you can fit her in then fit her in, but if you can't then make sure you say something like "my diary is very busy at the moment so I don't have many last minute appointments" hopefully will give her the kick to keep an appt if you aren't able to fit her In xx

Latest posts

Back