Client cancelling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty-Box

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

Looking for a bit of advice on client cancellations. I have this client who booked an appointment then cancelled last minute which happens thats fine she booked again then the day before her appointment she text me saying oh my god I had my appointment today and I missed it im so sorry I thought it was tomorrow so I sed aw no ur appointment is tomorrow ur right I asked if she can still make it and she says no she was busy! She has just booked again for next week which I have taken her booking and I will text her a few days before to remind her. But if she cancells again and wants to rebook do I just carry on taking her booking to have her cancel last minute. If she cancells again that will be 3 times and I have never met her yet. If she does cancel and rebook do I say anythin about cancelling quite a bit or do I just have to keep booking her appointment and not say anything?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would just say politely that as this is the 3rd cancellation, for any more bookings you will need to take a 50% deposit as you have had to turn away other clients and although you appreciate things have come up other regular clients are missing spaces - done people have no idea how annoying it is! X

Id ask her to pop a deposit in for 50% of the treatment price, otherwise you cant rebook her as you are potentially turning clients away to give her that slot.

Or ask her to call on the day if she would like a treatment instead of booking in advance, then if you are free she can book in.

I do get cancelations but thankfully not repeatedly. I do smile through gritted teeth & thank them for letting me know.

But 3 times & you haven't even met her, is alittle excessive.

Xx

Yeah I think if she cancells and rebooks I will ask for a deposit. I just dont want her bad mouthing me telling people I take deposits and her not sayin the reason y I am taking a deposit from her. If she phones on the day is also a good idea :) thanks very much xxx

Do you send out reminders? if not it might be a good idea with her. I've a couple of persistent cancellers but I now make sure they know how irritating it is and that I've lost money! I take a deposit from them and I text to the day before make sure they're coming. They usually get the idea and after 3 turn ups on time I stop with the deposit.

I think the texting on the day for an appointment thing is also a good alternative.

Karaxxx

Do u tell them that u r loosing out on money? I have just started reminding people now. I need to make a point of doing it maybe 2 days before their app. Xxx

Yep I'd be brutally honest and tell them how it is! I do it in a "feel sorry for me" rather than "you're a pain in the bum" way.

I remind them 1 day in advance.

Karaxxx

I've had this and it was from another nail tech in the area; I think it was as she has seen I had quite a lot of appointment enquiries on my fb page compliments and photos and she'd been posting appointments available all day all week etc she then txt asking me for a desperate appointment the next day, which I didn't really mind i didn't know who it was, I said yes then half hr before due cancelled, rebooked for the next day (Thursday) as she had a wedding Saturday, then txt me bang on 7pm when due and said sorry I've not got enough fuel can't make it tonight. Rebooked for the next day (I work nights aswell in my other job) safe to say she didn't turn up. I googled her mobile number and found her website. I sent her a nice txt and just said "I'm sure as you're a nail tech too you'll understand I need to keep to my appointment times and as I've been quite busy lately I can't keep having cancellations. If you want to rebook please could you make a deposit via cash, paypal or bank transfer at least 24 hrs before your appointment is due. Many Thanks"
She wrote a vile status about me and accused me of not helping her. I showed all my clients who asked what happened the txts and the status soon went...I'm very weary of last minute appointments now x

Well done Laurza I think you handled that magnificently, you're a true professional.

Karaxxx

Well done Laurza I think you handled that magnificently, you're a true professional.

Karaxxx

Thankyou..my other job has given me a backbone I now know how to say no to people and be firm with them haha. Xx

Latest posts

Back