Client complaining about re-growth?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J33XSS

Reaction score
Hi, I have a client who's nails I done last week, and she's put a photo on her Facebook wall & tagged me in it saying she's not happy with the amount of regrowth... How can I tell her politely that there's not much I can do about how quickly her nails grow?! x

That's ridiculous! :) tell her exactly that, in a light hearted way! xxxx

Hi, I have a client who's nails I done last week, and she's put a photo on her Facebook wall & tagged me in it saying she's not happy with the amount of regrowth... How can I tell her politely that there's not much I can do about how quickly her nails grow?! x

Did you go close to the cuticle area first of all?

I would just say ''I'm sorry you are not pleased with your regrowth area. Each clients nail growth is different, some grow quite fast and others quite slow. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do to prevent this''. ??

How do you feel they were when you did them? Do you think you got close enough to the eponychium? And how do you feel they look in the photo now? Sometimes we do need to get quite close to avoid this but sometimes nails do grow faster on some people. I have heard of clients not even realising there would be growth as they have no idea how their natural nails grow normally.

I first of all would de tag yourself from the picture (why could she not have sent via message??!) and I would write on the picture that you will pm her advice on natural nail growth and the pm her that her nails have had a growth spurt and unfortunately that a gap is inevitable. Perhaps suggest an earlier re do and get as close as you can.

Yes they were close to the cuticle, she has them done once a month (pulls them off each time so it's always a new set, I've obviously told her the damage she could cause by doing this) x

Under the picture, along with your other comment, I would leave a list of commandments about looking after your nails and include something about not picking/tearing them off as this WILL ruin your nails and it's completely self-inflicted (and will also leave a lousy foundation for your next set).

Omg I had this annoying problem with a client !! Was sick of her every two weeks going on about re growth and there was nothing there to infill ! Was In filling nothing in the end !! I have not booked her again as can't be doing with the hassle xx

if they go for a clear they can always put a Top coat over the gel once a week & it would hide all regrowth even if thy go for a month.

That is actually hilarious! I wouldn't even qualify it with a comment I think most people will find this as ridiculous as we do! :wink2:

If you really feel you must say something why don't you say something like this -

Hey Julie

I need your secret to fast growing nails - I could make a fortune lol.
Most clients nails won't grow at all!!
See you at your next appointment.

On a side note I think it's disgusting she has chosen to contact you in this way over Facebook where everybody can see!! I would say the nails must be done well if she only has to get them done once a month! some people really are clueless! X

Ive got a client who's nails grow ridiculously quick, she hated the re growth so I suggested French, she finds this a lot better as not a noticeable hth xx

Latest posts

Back