Client complaining about roots!?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairflair'xo

Reaction score
I have a client that comes in every 8 weeks to get her roots done, and everytime she complains and tells me she doesn't want her roots to be so obvious by the time hernext appointment comes around, and is there anything i can do to stop it happening!?
I've tried to explain its going to happen because her hair is growing but she doesnt seem to understand...grrr what can i say to make it sink in??

Anyone else have clients that expect miracles? :eek: xxx

What base is she? What do you use?

If you don't pick out the existing h/l each time over time it can build up and look like a tint, I would put some low lights through to break her colour up, or do Multi tonal for a softer effect, it's becoming too solid

Jenbella I have suggested she comes in after less time, but due to financial issues she isnt able to unfortunately :(

+I will mention the idea of lowlights to her next time, see what she thinks, your right it is becoming rather solid where she's been getting them done for a while..

Thanks for your help ladies :) xxx

Don't go too dark with low lights

Even suggest doing full head h/l then go back through and low light in between foils every 2nd or 3rd

Yeah as said above you don't have to go too dark with the low lights maby an 8 or 7 base! Then it will still be blonde, going straight in with a base 5 would look stripy! Of she likes it and wants a few darker go in with it the next time if she wants. Then she will find she can go longer. Explain of she leaves it longer than 8 weeks colour will fade but explain that with the pro products the fade is to a nice colour and can be topped up/matched next time x

I have similar, she has her roots painted on and moved to me "because I get roots after 3 seeks with my old hairdresser" its hard to explain but offer something to doscuise the root, I'm going to do some highlights on the parting next time xoxo

You could suggest a hair crayon that matches closest so it blurts the regrowth abit!! x

I had this problem with my own hair so had my normal full head of foils with a 10, and used an 8 on the hair left out between the foils to bring it back down a bit, and it really helped.

Also I had a lady come to me and she'd been having a full head bleach foils for years, her natural hair is about a 4/5 and so the regrowth was really obvious. I now do a 9 and a 6 through foils (1/3 of 6, 2/3 of 9) so it's a darker blonde all over and the 6 just helps blend in those roots a bit. I def think it'd be bes tto put some low-lights through even if you only do them every 2-3 times.

Sorry for butting in, interested in this topic as its the common problem I have with clients...roots!!!
Do you still do a bleach foil but with a 9 and also 6 foil? Sorry if I am being stupid here x

Sorry for butting in, interested in this topic as its the common problem I have with clients...roots!!!
Do you still do a bleach foil but with a 9 and also 6 foil? Sorry if I am being stupid here x

You would, but only doing the root and taking the darker colour through to ends. Xoxo

Latest posts

Back