Client Consultation Card

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clairet

Reaction score
I know that the majority of us fill out client consultation cards at every appointment.

My question is, do you get your client to sign the card at the end of the treatment to say they are satisfied with the service.

I did a refresher waxing course on Thursday, and the tutor said that without the client's signature on the card, your insurance could be void.

I always fill in my card, but do not get the client to sign at each appointment. I'm now wondering if this is wrong.

I'd be interested in your opinions.

Thanks in advance guys. :green:

I have never asked clients to sign after every treatment and I myself have never ever been asked to sign after any treatment.
I think this is going way to far and sending out very bad signals.

What I always did do was to write down the clients comments on the CRC.

I complete a CRC on the first visit and get them to sign. After that it's a case of looking at their card so I don't forget what they usually have, and any probs as I have a terrible memory.

I used to do the nails of an insurance claims assessor. She said that as long as you can prove that you carry out good standards for all your clients then there is no need for them to sign. She also said that you may need to call a couple of other clients as witnesses (if a claim was ever made) who could testify what your usual practices are.

After all how many times have you been to your hairdresser and have them ask you to sign for each treatment? I think it would worry the daylights out of you if they did!

If your working practices are good then a claim against you is highly unlikely. And any accidents should be recorded in an official accident book and your client MUST sign this - that's a Health and Safety issue as much as an insurance one.

If you're still not sure best thing to do is check with your own insurance company then you will know for sure.

Thanks for your replies.

I felt it was a little OTT too.

I've checked over my insurance and there is no mention of making the client sign the record card.

Just glad to have your opinions.

Latest posts

Back