Client consultation cards for mobile beauty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachelc

Reaction score
Hi I'm just starting out mobile and I've had my first booking for Monday. Can anybody tell me if I should do a consultation card for my clients? And if it's really necessary if you are a mobile therapist? Thanks x

Hi I'm just starting out mobile and I've had my first booking for Monday. Can anybody tell me if I should do a consultation card for my clients? And if it's really necessary if you are a mobile therapist? Thanks x

Im hairdresser and i do i fill them
In at home just to keep track of clients x

Thanks. Forgot to put I'm a beautician if that makes any difference? X

It is usually a requirement of your insurance that you have basic details for your clients.

It will also help you to know where your going (the clients address) and what the client had last time 10% tan, silver crystals on Rosy Red polish etc.. (especially handy when they leave it a while to book back in and expect you to remember exactly what they had) if you keep their record card and update it for each appointment (it also helps you doing your accounts to ensure you have got all the treatments you've done & when listed).

I think client record cards help you to look professional too.

Last edited:
Yes you need one. If nothing else its a great way to gather information for mailshots, know where people found you, as well as pertinent medical info you may need to know.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I agree with the above geeks, they are important to have really.

Another neat little tip is to keep note of clients birthdays and send them a card with a special birthday offer on.

If you were having a client come to you, it is a nice idea to keep a note on record cards with how many sugars they have in their tea etc.

Regular clients love all these little touches and can only be helpful to your business.

Best wishes xx

Thanks for the advice. So far I've added the clients name, address and what treatments she's booked into my phone contacts, until I get myself some client cards x

Also, make sure you ask about illnesses, medication, allergies etc. Things that will contraindicate their treatments

Can I add, that you ensure you get the client to sign and date the card after consultation. I also have them initial the back of the card also where I've listed what treatment/service they have had along with the price and that they have received their after care advice. Just cover yourself and your client in all areas. Hope that helps.

One more question lol. I know it's really important to do a patch test for eyebrow/eyelash tints and false lashes and also for insurance purposes, but if you're mobile then would that would obviously mean taking an extra trip to the clients house prior to their appointment. So would you add on a extra cost for this? X

I think you would have to charge a little extra for this. Unfortunately if you didn't it could mean you are spending more than you earning for some mobile treatments, with your petrol, wear and tear on your car, products, time, etc etc. (from one who knows!)

It is important for insurance purposes to do the patch testing, but if any client queries this or is not happy about paying more I would emphasise that if is for their own safety.

They then can't fail to be impressed by how professional and responsible you are.

Xx

One more question lol. I know it's really important to do a patch test for eyebrow/eyelash tints and false lashes and also for insurance purposes, but if you're mobile then would that would obviously mean taking an extra trip to the clients house prior to their appointment. So would you add on a extra cost for this? X

I try to patch test all my clients at one of their first bookings with me (if not booked in for a tint).
This then means they have already been tested when they then book in for a tint BUT if their first appointment is for a tint I would try to book the tint test in while I'm in their area doing other appointments. I DON'T charge them extra for the patch test.
If I won't be in their area, I ask them to meet me somewhere local that I can just dab the tint on them and get their signature on their consultation card (which I fill in the name address & contact number as I need that info to book the appointment) then if the tint test is clear they fill out the rest of the card and we then proceed with the appointment.

Hi, I am sure I have seen on here before that you can get them to sign a form to say they agree to have the tint without a patch test and this will cover you. 😊

Hi, I am sure I have seen on here before that you can get them to sign a form to say they agree to have the tint without a patch test and this will cover you. ��
A disclaimer is not worth anything and will NOT cover you at all if the client should decide to sue you.

If your insurance says patch test, then you MUST patch test. Plain & simple.

Thanks I will defiantly be doing a patch test x

When I was in a salon we were made to put note on our conversations to so if they were getting married, or going on holiday, a friend that was ill ect its a grat little tool and makes things personal, we had so many clients come back because we remembered a lot of information about them (not that we had a quick read just before they walked in)

Latest posts

Back