Client didn't pay, advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahW64

Reaction score
Hi im mobile in hair and beauty treatments i did a new clients hair yesterday i did a full head of highlights and a cut and blowdry... she seemed nice while i was there she waited until id put my finishing product in to then tell me she had left her purse in her boyfriends car who was working in london... so i said i can take cheque or bank transfer and she looked around for a cheque and then said oh he must have that aswell, but she could get her boyfriend to drop it round later that day so i said i can collect the following day so we agreed on a time. half and hour before arriving i text to remind her and i didnt get a reply so i turned up at her house and she didnt answer and then ignored my phone calls, its been 2 hours since then and still she hasnt replied im not sure how to deal with this now so if anyone else has dealt with this and can give me advice, i filled out a record card i have address and phone number the only thing i didnt do was her surname but have her first name. thanks in advance xx

Sorry for the quick reply but in future ask for payment up front before doing the treatment

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Draw up an invoice asking for payment within the next 7 days and post it to her recorded delivery (the recorded delivery signature is then proof she recieved the invoice should further steps be required & don't forget to keep a copy of what you send her).

Draw up an invoice asking for payment within the next 7 days and post it to her recorded delivery (the recorded delivery signature is then proof she recieved the invoice should further steps be required & don't forget to keep a copy of what you send her).

Thankyou in this letter would i put my bank details or address for the payment? i dont want to give my home address incase i get a backlash from it ? thankyou again xx

If you want it paid into the bank you can include your bank details or you could ask for it to be paid via Paypal. You couls also put that if she wishes to pay by cash to contact you via phone/text to arrange for you to collect it if you are willing to go & collect it. :D

Can I ask why you didn't take her surname at the time, please?

i cant really answer that i normally always do but i filled out contact details prior to appointment and then i filled out rest and forgot to ask for a surname not intentional and like i said annoyed as i never normally forget im quite religious with my cards but one of those times x

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

If you want it paid into the bank you can include your bank details or you could ask for it to be paid via Paypal. You couls also put that if she wishes to pay by cash to contact you via phone/text to arrange for you to collect it if you are willing to go & collect it. :D

Thankyou ill sort it out ive still not heard from her :-(

I feel so bad for you, I agree with sending her an invoice, there is not much more that you can do :-( I do hope you get your money xx

I fear you have seen the last of her...

Surely this is a police matter? She wouldn't be allowed to walk out of Asda with a trolley full & not pay, you were good enough to give her the grace of a day to pay you!

Step 1. Invoice with 7 days to pay sent recorded delivery
Step 2. Call police, provide address, have her arrested for Making off without payment under Section 3 of the Theft Act 1978 :)

Police wont do anything. Its a civil matter.
Send a notice before action giving her 7 days to respond. If she doesnt respond send another letter advising her that you are going to file a claim at the small claims court and she will be liable for costs.
Still no payment? Small claims it is

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

Police will tell you its a civil matter as there was an agreement to pay you later. Whatever later means ! I know this because this is what happened to me last week.However I did get my money eventually but only after naming and shaming on Twitter.

Hi guys thanks :) my friend who does business law said same as you that its a civil matter so he advised to text and if heard nothing today he will draft me up a letter with an invoice attatched and we will send recorded delivery in the letter he will explain if not paid within 7 days it will be dealt with via small claims court thanks for all advice xx

Lets us know how it all works out, sorry that you having to go through this but a good lesson for us all.

Good for you Sarah! Ppl like this have normally done it before and unless someone pursues them they will keep on doing it. I had someone intentionally bounce a check many years ago, I had her locked up after she fled and police caught up with her, they weren't too interested but I would not let it drop. I got compensation thro courts and found out I was one of 11 ppl on the list for compensation she admitted to when caught.she will think twice before doing that again.

Latest posts

Back