Client has phoned, Should I do a wedding make up??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlekate

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have had a new enquiry from a client today about wedding make up. Her daugther is getting married and wants to have her make up done. The thing is I am a mobile therapist and nail tech but I don't advertise that I do make up because I haven't got a kit. I have trained in make up when I was at college but haven't got that much experiance in it and have no portfolio. I was going to do a more advanced course in make up later on in the year so that I could offer it but am just wondering should I do this client as don't want to lose business?? I used to work for Clarins so I have a lot of their make up I got free so could use that. I would just need foundations and powders. Should I just buy some and start offering it now??

Its a tough one, but if you want to progress and start doing make-up, can you not buy a range now?

I find with Brides that they actually want stuff that they can purchase too, so that they can reapply later in the day/evening.

I saw a case by Salon Systems it had everything in it, foundations/blushers/eyeshadows/lips/mascara etc etc. I know its not a really reputable make but if you are not sure yet whether you will continue with the make-overs, its not worth paying a fortune for.

Also look in the latest magazines and bridal magazines and take some with you showing different looks.

Good Luck!

Jacqui

Thats a good idea as then I can add my own eyeshadows etc to it without it costing me a fortune. I don't want to miss out on the wedding season! x

You could always try the mineral route - you get good sized samples from lily lolo for £1 per foundation and about 30p per eyeshadow.

The foundation works out cheaper per gram in the sample size, and it means you can get loads of colours, cheaply!

I got loads for £20 including postage, and it gives you the chance to figure out what you will use most without forking our £200 or more (minimum trade order is £200)

if you feel confident in your makeup, and feel theres going to be the demand, why not invest now. decide what your budget will be and see whats available.

i personally wouldnt go too cheap, as you may not get the end result you desire. There are lots of brands out there, and the mineral route definatly popular.you will recoup your money pretty quickly, esp by the time bridesmaids, mother of the bride etc decide they want theirs done too!

goodluck xx:)

Latest posts

Back