client having chemotherapy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachp

Reaction score
I did a french manicure on lady tuesday and put on uv topcoat, she came in today and the topcoat has just cracked all over and it coming off, never had this prob before and have used topcoat over nail polish, she is having chemotherapy and has lost her hair, could this breakdown be due to that, any ideas???? I felt really bad cos she is already really down, just hate it when people arent 100% happy :cry:

Hi,If you do a search under chemotherapy there are, sadly, a lot of posts giving all sorts of information as to how it can affect nails and nail treatments......it may be your clients nails are weakened and more flexible than normal causing the topcoat to crack......but you should read over some of these threads...there were too many to link..........

izzidoll said:
Hi,If you do a search under chemotherapy there are, sadly, a lot of posts giving all sorts of information as to how it can affect nails and nail treatments......it may be your clients nails are weakened and more flexible than normal causing the topcoat to crack......but you should read over some of these threads...there were too many to link..........

thanks isabel, she is coming back in tomorrow and id like to be well informed so i can talk to her about it x

Hi ya babe, the UV top coat may be a little to rigid for her flexible nails...... Chemo attacks all body cells good or bad as it cannot distinguish between whats good and whats bad.... so her nails could be suffering from this Chemo.....
try a normal top coat and see if this makes a difference, it will be more flexible....

Also check the lable on the UV top coat bottle, some are only suitable for enhancements or overlays.......
HTH

Hi my aunt is going through chemo and her nails went very brittle and actually grew off the nail bed, you could see the new nail underneath, this was quite painful for her as they were very tender, the same with her fingertips they peel quite badly too, chemo is a very powerful drug, so it will affect the nails

ali

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Hi ya babe, the UV top coat may be a little to rigid for her flexible nails...... Chemo attacks all body cells good or bad as it cannot distinguish between whats good and whats bad.... so her nails could be suffering from this Chemo.....
try a normal top coat and see if this makes a difference, it will be more flexible....

Also check the lable on the UV top coat bottle, some are only suitable for enhancements or overlays.......
HTH

Thanks hun, she came in yesterday and i removed all remaining polish and top coat and gently re-painted and air dry topcoated them, i explained about the treatment and how it was prob affecting the nail and she was fine, bless her, i also did a bit of nail art on her little girl too! i refused to accept any money and told her i just wanted her to be pleased with them. thanks for the advice xxxx

Latest posts

Back