Client offering to do a leaflet drop.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy G

Reaction score
Well cant believe my luck this eve,had a new client tonight , who has offered to drop some of my flyers round her estate,...basically so she can get her nails cheaper btw...what offer would you give her in return if I get any calls back?I normally take £10 off their next treatment if they refer a friend shall I still use this , so if she refered 3 Id give her £30 off?:rolleyes:

Hmmmm..... its difficult isn't it! She is doing the legwork to get the referalls for you not just telling a friend... why dont you just do her a set at a discount price as a one off? maybe half price as a thankyou for dropping the leaflets? then if you get any calls she gets free nail art or something that doesnt really cost you anything? At the end of the day she wouldnt really know if you had calls or not, and I dropped 1000 leaflets once and got one call!!

Just an idea... :green:

Mmm when you give discounts,especially to a new client,they often come to expect it. I personally would say thanks but no thanks however if you like my work please tell your friends,and maybe a free pinkie solar oil as a one off :wink2: hth's

give her a gift voucher and write in it that its a thank you for her kind offer.
its then done and dusted.

give her a gift voucher and write in it that its a thank you for her kind offer.
its then done and dusted.

Playing devils advocate here hun,but say she doesn't actually deliver them ?

Say she offers at every appointment so she get's some kind of "thankyou" ?

I know it sounds very un trusting,but i personally would question her motives which seem to be discount and IMO this could be the start of many problems.

Ultimately it's your choice hun xx

Me personaly would just give her a free mini treatment like a mini mani or pedi.If you are doing it mobile then tell her to come to you for her freebie. There is a chance she may not have posted them but what if she has? Its kind of her to offer (even though she's getting somthing out of it) and you could possilbly get some new clients!
I do think £10 is a lot to offer back though for refering one client. I normally offer £5 and they are happy with that! xxx

Mmmmm, I agree with Becki here. My first thought when I read this was 'how do you know she will actually do the leaflet drop'? It is alot of leg work and she may come to expect it.

Call me a cynical old moo :smack:, but I think you should say 'thank you for your kind offer but you prefer to cover your brochure drops' and then enthusiastically say that you will be happy to charge less for every new client she refers who then keeps the appointment.

Give her a certain amount of flyers with her name written on them and everyone who brings it back would allow her to qualify for her discount. That's why you set your loyalty scheme up so stick to it.
The rules are that they MUST bring the flyer back in order for it to be valid. If she brings in 5 new clients why shouldnt she get her discount, People take a bunch of flyers out of the salon all the time and I dont give them anything back unless they reccommend several friends

Give her a certain amount of flyers with her name written on them and everyone who brings it back would allow her to qualify for her discount. That's why you set your loyalty scheme up so stick to it.
The rules are that they MUST bring the flyer back in order for it to be valid. If she brings in 5 new clients why shouldnt she get her discount, People take a bunch of flyers out of the salon all the time and I dont give them anything back unless they reccommend several friends

Mmm, not quite sure if I want to do it now, but then shes got to now trust me as to wether Im actually getting calls and taking on new clients, I could be and saying to her ..no I havent had any other calls, but really I have ...if you get what I mean!!!

My other issue is Im a bit restricted to what hours I can do , so what happens if I get say 3 clients phone to book an appointment when Im not available, do I still give discount then even though I couldnt book them in..why should she go without because I wasnt avaiable...mmm , I think this is probly a good excuse to get out of it, and like mentioned if she refers anybody herself then I shall take money off...only prob shes new to the area so she might not know many peeps.:rolleyes:

It's a nice offer but I agree, she might not do it and you'd never really know. I'd tell her you prefer to do your own leafletting as you like to know exactly which areas you've covered. Cynical or what?! If you do get any direct referrals from her, ie if she tells her friends, maybe do something extra for her then but even then there's no obligation. x

My clients know that every time they bring in someone new, they get a little something... like free nail art or 10 % off... but it's never like "If you do this, I'll do that for you" before someone new actually shows up. I'm rewarding refferals after the new clients show up. So there's no pressure and no promisses in advance, coz it's very tricky. This girl may be someone so dear from heaven, but also someone who will show up one day and say, "Oh, I did this and that for you and now I demand free full sets or God knows what".

Latest posts

Back