Client questioning my prices!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow I do need to increase my prices then jamie!!! Xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I am a makeup artist but if I had a perspective client like her I would leave it to her now she could either book me or not I would probably rather she didn't as she is being hard work already imagine what she will be like at her trial or on the day

If she doesnt like it she should find somewhere else.... although she will not find anywhere that charges the same amount as bridesmaids. And the price difference definitely wont be £10. Dont alter any prices

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I'd pray she doesn't want to book. Sounds like trouble!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An up date. I asked the bridesmaid to pass my number on to the bride and I would speak with her directly. Bride text me the next day asking me to explain why she couldn't be charged the same as the bridesmaid. I replied that she receives more time at her trial and the day therefore is slightly more (£10 more).she replied that she didn't really understand why it was so much more just for a bit extra (1-2hrs work). I said I could re quote with an hourly rate and travel costs if she preferred. Am I really being so unreasonable? I think my prices are very fair and reflect my experience, training and time!!!!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I never understand why clients do this - your prices are your prices! If you're too expensive for them then why don't they go elsewhere?! I've learnt that sometimes it's just better to stand your ground with dignity than try and keep these sorts interested... Especially when it's only a tenner!

Only thing I'd do is ensure that they know exactly why you charge more. Then if they choose to book, great. If not then oh well!

I charge more because I do. Bridal anything - hair or make up - should and does take longer than a bridesmaids.

Do not change your prices. My bridal make up price was £90 including trial and bridesmaids were £30 on the day with no trial but £50 with a trial. I also never did just bridesmaids, it would have to be booked as part of a package.

I have also had a client book for a special occasion make up and come in with her hair all done. Never been to me before. I said her hair looked nice and she told me she was getting married that day. Fair enough. She got a lovely make up done but not mobile and no trial.

For a wedding, I'm out of salon nearly all day so it had to be worth my while. I came to the conclusion this year that it just isn't. We now offer a bridal make up lesson and make up package but no longer do mobile, thank goodness!

I have seen hairdressers staying till the final minute to check on a brides hair and putting in veil etc. The tweaks and styles that I see are amazing. Never sell yourself short.

If she really wants to save money, she can do what my lady did and go and have a hair up on the morning of the wedding for a fraction of the price!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

£10 for an extra 2 hours, and she's complaining???

You're charging far too little in my opinion.
I would have said £20 an hour is a bargain, to be honest.

I think you're right to stand your ground. She's obviously interested in booking or she'd have given up by now. I wouldnt do any leg work in getting her as a client but I think she will come to you.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I do a lot of weddings and spend more time on the bride at the trial and
on the day. More time = more money. It's so important the bride looks absolutely perfect over anyone else. Xx

Bride's dresses usually cost more than bridesmaids! You know people like this annoy me, they don't go into Next and query the prices so why treat hair and beauty differently?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

stick to your guns and don't under value yourself. i've had people like this and don't know whether they genuinely didnt know the cost of the service in general or if they're just trying to chance it! if someone really wants you they'll pay:evil:

Latest posts

Back