Client reacted to hair colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sinlessdanni

Reaction score
Hi peeps, i had a client come in on friday and have a colour i have been colouring her hair for over 3 years then she came into see me to tell me she had a reaction! I was so shocked as this is the 1st time in all the years i e been hairdressing that id seen one. She didnt start to react until after 24 hrs of having it dyed. She was really nice when she came in it was just to say. But she also said normally when she has it done it rewlly itches a few hours later but she washes it and it ok and she is allergic to lots of other thibgs but says she will continue to dye her hair!!! Im just so shocked cos ive only seen tjings like this in mags!! What would you do/ say to her as im a it stumped.
Sorry if ive rabbited on!!
Thanks

You MUST NOT apply tint on her scalp again. Reactions get worse each time and she risks ending up a hospital job with anaphalactic shock. Foils or meche only, and wash 3 times after colour instead of 2.

She did end up in hosp!! I said if she really cant go without i would foil it only
thanks

Hi peeps, i had a client come in on friday and have a colour i have been colouring her hair for over 3 years then she came into see me to tell me she had a reaction! I was so shocked as this is the 1st time in all the years i e been hairdressing that id seen one. She didnt start to react until after 24 hrs of having it dyed. She was really nice when she came in it was just to say. But she also said normally when she has it done it rewlly itches a few hours later but she washes it and it ok and she is allergic to lots of other thibgs but says she will continue to dye her hair!!! Im just so shocked cos ive only seen tjings like this in mags!! What would you do/ say to her as im a it stumped.
Sorry if ive rabbited on!!
Thanks
Oh my God!!!:eek: Which colour was it? Maybe you should ring the manufacturer to see if they've changed anything, might set your own mind a rest

Not a hair geek but - you would be mad to tint her hair again knowing she has a reaction. Persianista is right - allergic reaction gets worse with each exposure. I'm sure you wouldn't be covered by insurance if you knowingly treat her again.

Just be careful - for both her and you.

Oh my God!!!:eek: Which colour was it? Maybe you should ring the manufacturer to see if they've changed anything, might set your own mind a rest

You can develop an allergy to tint at any time, and it is not due to ingredients changing. She will now be allergic to every tint.

yes u can just develop a reaction, thats why it is important to skin test every 8-12 weeks even if uve been doing the clients hair for years! even with foils some colour will touch the scalp when u wash off, u need to rinse every foil and shampoo as stated above!

Had a problem with dying one of my friend's hair. She previously had colour done and so I thought applying colour at that time would not be that big of a deal. But her face was really swollen like a day after. Anways I recently did foils on her and she loved it and things were fine.
Wonder how allergies/reactions can develop.. and if there's anything to detect it.

Thanks all for the replys, i have said that i wouldnt colour it again and i still woulnt be happy to do foils just incase!!!
Just really threw me!!! And i dont ever want to see that happen again lol

Latest posts

Back