Client record cards, how do you do yours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leah82

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am in the process of setting up my home salon & I'm a bit confused as to how you all do your client records cards. I have one for each treatment as have the ones from when I trained. But I was thinking that the more clients I get the more paper work for each client & so could become a little silly.

I don't want to go down the computer route as have to worry about Data Protection etc.. plus pen & paper is just as good!! But surely you can combine just one client record sheet that all treatments can go on? Including medical & contact details, instead of a sheet for each treatment every time? As the client records I have really are just for the first consultation from when I trained at college, so would need one every time they came or a sepaerate page to add each additional treatment.

You can just recheck before each treatment though surely that nothings changed & then just log down what they have each time they come? its got harder now as I do Nails Beauty & Holistic treatments. So do I have to have one for each? How would I cover each treatment on one though? Eg: eye-lash tinting, tanning, body massage, facials, nails etc.......?

Thanks Guys heads so done in at the moment with it all!!!:cry::eek:

Ive got the Creative Consultation cards, so I guess if you are offering more treatments then you could staple another treatment card to it that includes everything but nails. the cards that I have now contain all the info I think you need, medical details, type of treatment etc etc. They are quite thorough. hth's a bit xx

I have a client consultation form which is done when they first come and this is the one they sign. I then have a client appointment record card which details each appointment. But then I only offer nail treatments so I have one for enhancements and one for manicures.

Thanks guys!! Any geeks that offer nails, beauty & holistics please can you let me know how you do it also!! Really need to get it sorted!! Thanks again!! :)

I have two sheets of paper, one client consultation, one treatment record.

The treatment record is just a MS Word table with 6 columns (date, Treatment performed, products used, notes, cost). On the whole on treatment only uses a line and I get about 25 lines on a page (landscape), so plenty of space :D

however you present your cards dont forget to put personal details, medical etc on a separate card and filed away with a reference number. this one can contain all the questions for face and body treatments, and you can have another with your treatment record on, as trinity has said.:)

Hi guys, I am in the process of setting up my home salon & I'm a bit confused as to how you all do your client records cards. I have one for each treatment as have the ones from when I trained. But I was thinking that the more clients I get the more paper work for each client & so could become a little silly.

I don't want to go down the computer route as have to worry about Data Protection etc.. plus pen & paper is just as good!! But surely you can combine just one client record sheet that all treatments can go on? Including medical & contact details, instead of a sheet for each treatment every time? As the client records I have really are just for the first consultation from when I trained at college, so would need one every time they came or a sepaerate page to add each additional treatment.

You can just recheck before each treatment though surely that nothings changed & then just log down what they have each time they come? its got harder now as I do Nails Beauty & Holistic treatments. So do I have to have one for each? How would I cover each treatment on one though? Eg: eye-lash tinting, tanning, body massage, facials, nails etc.......?

Thanks Guys heads so done in at the moment with it all!!!:cry::eek:

Hi leah,
I made my own which are ok for the time being, they cover most things, nails, waxing, facials etc. If you want I can send you my card and you can adapt it as you want. It is done in MS word format and is double sided and will print onto card fine. Please let me know if you want to take a look at it.

Julie.:hug:

HI guys thanks, thought I wasn't going mad, well almost!! Head spinning with all I've got to sort!! Couldn't work out how best to do it!!!

Julie that would be fab thanks, your a star!! Been using the ones from when I trained as I said but as more clients come, (hopefully) the more paperwork & the sillier it would get!!! :)

I have two sheets of paper, one client consultation, one treatment record.

The treatment record is just a MS Word table with 6 columns (date, Treatment performed, products used, notes, cost). On the whole on treatment only uses a line and I get about 25 lines on a page (landscape), so plenty of space :D

So do you have one of these for each type of treatment or put it all on one? Where do you put things like patch tests, contra-indications for each treatment?

So do you have one of these for each type of treatment or put it all on one? Where do you put things like patch tests, contra-indications for each treatment?

All on one sheet

I don't patch test as nails only.

Contra-indications are in the notes column

Have fun setting it all up :lol: :hug:

HI guys thanks, thought I wasn't going mad, well almost!! Head spinning with all I've got to sort!! Couldn't work out how best to do it!!!

Julie that would be fab thanks, your a star!! Been using the ones from when I trained as I said but as more clients come, (hopefully) the more paperwork & the sillier it would get!!! :)

Leah, Let me have your email addy and I will whizz it over to you. I am in the process of updating it to add in spray tan info, so will send you the revised version too when it is done

i have started my salon business recently and decided to do my own, i use one a5 sheet for each client and i've been doing a new one each time they come in, i fill out their contact details and type of treatment before they get there if they are an existing client and get them to sign
the format i have is
name, address, dob,age,doctors name and number, home telephone, mobile,any known allergies, any recent illnesses or operations, treatment to be carried out, details of treatment, aftercare/homecare/recommendations advice given, patch test date and result, client signature, therapist signature and date.
this works great for me but not sure how it would work in a multiple therapist set up. did look at pre printed ones but thought they were expensive if you have a larger range of treatments x

Trinity

I would love a copy of your MS document.

Thanks

I know what you mean! I too am starting to gets lots of bits of paper for same client/different treatment, but I can't see anyway round it. There's no way that you could fit everything for all treatments on to one sheet. I have a separate plastic pocket for each client and once they have filled in one form I don't get them to repeat the same information on their next forms (if that makes sense)e.g date of birth address.
I'll be interested to hear peoples reply's too.:)

I'm interested in this because I'll be going mobile in the summer and need to have everything in place, the sooner the better.

So I take it then that most people make/design their own consultation cards rather than buy the little pre-printed ones that come with their own box? If so I would love to see examples of some. :)

Just bumping this up for more replies please!!!! Thanks to all of you guys that have already replied & Joe I've paged ya hun!! :)

I work from my own treatment room at home and i do, nat nails, enhancments, waxing, facials, spray tanning. I have a different card for all the different treatments as they all ask different questions relating to the said treatment they are offering and i up date them at 6 month intervals to check that nothing has changed, as you can garantee a client will forget ot tell you. I have a box for all nail treatments & facials and a box for waxing and tanning treatment cards, so they are all tidy and filed away. Works for me. Good Luck in whatever you choose to do.

Latest posts

Back