Client record & consultation cards

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I wanted to know are the client consultation & record card a legal requirement?

Reason why I'm asking is a few years ago before I qualified & even now when I've been in a nail shop with a friend, I've never had one done by the technician, and neither has my friend.

It's basically in and out in the high street salons.

Also going off the topic, their hygiene is terrible. They use a file, finish with it, throw it in their drawer without sanitising it. I've also seen when I went with my friend, a file used on a clients nails, and the guy who was doing the pedicure go over and pick up same file, without no sanitisation!

It just makes me wonder that if salons, don't do these simple things mentioned above, how do they pass there health & safety checks?

Very concerning.

Hi geeks

I wanted to know are the client consultation & record card a legal requirement?

Reason why I'm asking is a few years ago before I qualified & even now when I've been in a nail shop with a friend, I've never had one done by the technician, and neither has my friend.

It's basically in and out in the high street salons.

Also going off the topic, their hygiene is terrible. They use a file, finish with it, throw it in their drawer without sanitising it. I've also seen when I went with my friend, a file used on a clients nails, and the guy who was doing the pedicure go over and pick up same file, without no sanitisation!

It just makes me wonder that if salons, don't do these simple things mentioned above, how do they pass there health & safety checks?

Very concerning.

It is very important to have the records, every new client should have a card. this is where you would keep clients medical history, treatment plan, retail purchases and colour formulas.

if anyone had to claim on their liability insurance the first thing insurance people ask is the client record card. i wouldnt be comfortable if i walked in into a salon for the first time and never had a consultation carried out:suprised:

We should set an example and educate our clients the way it should be.

Yes, I totally agree with Nataliya, client consult cards are critical, especially in the event of insurance claim/legal action.

It is the central spot where every clients info is kept.
There is nothing worse than doing a custom mix up for a client and they ask for that same one in 2 months time and you have not written the recipe down on their client consult card:o

If they are a new/newish client, it's something you should always have a quick read over before the client comes in. After a while you get to know most of your regular clients medical issues, nail type etc but sometimes our memories slip and the CCC is a God send for times like this.

I remember the days when they were not a done thing at all but now it's more common but I will admit, only with the the techs who wish to be seen as a professional and have a business to match:)

I am yet to see a NSS have them and I have stalked a few in the last couple of years I can tell you:) Not to get my nails done....no way would I even risk it but it's fun playing private I and finding a nice seat to sit on with a mag outside of their shops and just peer over the top of the mag to check out what they are doing (wrong) :)

I agree with Wooshka .... The only people who seem to religiously keep CRC,s are the professionals with a proper business. I wouldn't consider anyone a professional who didn't keep CRC's ... Unless they just didn't know there was such a thing ... And if they don't know, then they should be taught.

You can purchase CRC's from S2 that look super attractive and professional or you can create your own which I have done for years.

hi all, sorry for jumping in here but it just seemed the perfect place for my question, i have some client consultation cards but no where to put them (only a folder) was wondering where i can get a file box thingy from? what do you all use?
thank you :)

lacky band lol

I have to add that I do make extra additions to the CRC's sometimes after the client has gone, as we chat about things while prepping etc and so the client wouldn't always know I had written notes about what they had told me

I also write things like partners name, kids names, pet dogs name, hobbies etc, all helps the conversation when they next come in and they seem impressed that I've "remembered" x

I use a one drawer filing cabinet and use manilla folders with the clients name on them and keep the CRC's in the folder.
I am also able to use the top of the cabinet for retail items:)

I was looking for a5 sized ones and was going to keep them in a filofax since this could also be used as a diary for appointments. Has anyone tried this and was it sufficient? X

X

I wouldn't keep them in a Filofax as data needs to be kept securely, and you don't want to be wading through reams of paper to add in bookings etc. much better to keep them securely locked away.

Do you guys use one card per person per appointment? Or do you have space for a few appointments on each card? My salon doesn't use them :/ and I want to have my own and have never used/filled one in so sorry to sound a little thick :)

I use these from capital, do the job nicely ..

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352980156.727226.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352980156.727226.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 338
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352980168.670927.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352980168.670927.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 416
Thanks I hadn't thought of that and with me going mobile soon there would be a chance I could have left it behind, ur right, I'll get a box and just take the one card with me to the appointment.
And pen: I don't think it sounds thick I was also wondering this x.

X

Thank you for all your replies!

I've had mine done to suit me, and in final stages then printing.

How high street salons get away with it is concerning though. Especially as the products used smell so fowl,no sanitisation etc.

Each individual A4 sheet kept in a poly-pocket alphabetically filed in a Lever Arch file.

Every morning according to the appointment book all are pulled for the day and put on a clip board which hangs on my desk. As each client comes in the appt. record is filled in on the back and all re-filed at the end of each day. I fill it in while the client is washing her hands at the end of each appointment. Easy as pie .. it just takes a little organization and hardly any time.

I have the CND ones.
Love that you open them out and has a table all ready to be filled in with the service details.
I keep mine in alphabetical order in a little box locked away. Each day I take out the ones I need and have a quick look at them to remind me of the last appointment and so I know what colour they had on last ( good for if you have layered shellac or played with additives)
Vicki x

Latest posts

Back