Client refusing to pay - advice needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a client like this when I had a salon. She had a full read coir and cut and then said she didn't have her bank card to pay. We had her details on a record card and we waited for her to honour her payment. Nothing. So I called the police they said it was not matter for them as she had said she would pay she wasn't refusing g to pay. So I literally just had to wait. So I went to her house a few times and then in her own time she finally paid up. But tis was local to the salon. I had this happen once with a client from out of the area and she had a spray tan without paying and no matter how many letters I sent she just ignored and got a free tan!!!!!!

I can't see the point of writing a cheque out and then giving the card over show you can copy the numbers, if you have a card use it, though card payments can be reversed its unlikely.

My husband business takes cash, card and cheques, all payment problems are via cheques.

Some countries it's a crime to bounce cheques....

I thought the point was to see how much the bank guarentee their cheques for? I.e. you shouldn't take a cheque for anymore than the banks guarentee amount? Been a long time from I took a cheque for payment though, I think I was about 18 (so 10 yrs ago) and working in a petrol station when I last took one lol

I had a similar problem, which resulted in my mum sending the clients mum a message before I got my money back! hahaha.
(The client's mum got my number from my mum as they were old school friends.)

I hope you got your money sorted. People can be A-holes.

Defo small claims court. It's £20/30 to raise a dispute - but you must give her an official chance to pay first. Put it in writing to her that your next step is small claims. A written chq is a promise to pay. She will then have to pay you what she owes along with your costs. I have done this sucessfully before. All done online, fairly stress free.

I can't see the point of writing a cheque out and then giving the card over show you can copy the numbers, if you have a card use it, though card payments can be reversed its unlikely.

My husband business takes cash, card and cheques, all payment problems are via cheques.

Some countries it's a crime to bounce cheques....

It is in this country!! It's fraud!! Agree with everyone small claims! It's a mater of principle!

Be very careful about spending money to chase money. It's very easy to get caught up in the "principle" of the matter but not a great idea to be even further out of pocket.

I've only skimmed this thread so don't know how much she owes you but typically, debt collectors and court costs money so know where to draw the line in the sand.

PB
x

Latest posts

Back