Client Relationship Advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

essentia

Reaction score
Hi I do not know what to do with one of my clients. She used to come regularly and was always very happy and complimentary about my services. Then suddenly she stopped talking to me, obviously avoiding me etc (we see each other at the same nursery as our boys go there). I decided to take the hint and let things be - after all she is not obliged towards me.

However after 6 weeks of this she has started to want to speak to me. I did feel cross about being picked up and put down again and I was cold towards her but I felt guilty as two wrongs do not make a right! What do I do? Shall I phone her and clear the air or just leave it?

just leave it, she is a client, not your best friend,
maybe she couldnt afford to come to you for a while, maybe , maybe , maybe, you dont really need to know why??
if she wants to book appts with you, then take the bookings, if she doesnt want to book with you, then leave it
sorry for sounding a bit harsh, but dont really know how to put this eloquentally
sorry,

lotus blossom is right...

she's a client.

you cannot know and don't want to know why she didn't come, but welcome her back and do your job

Hi Thanks - A clear message to leave it and I will. I was not worried so much about her not rebooking but being cut off and ignored when she stands right next to me was not pleasant. Funny old world.

certainly money issues... she was ashamed to tell you about it as it's hard to say it...

I agree with Doorie - but at least you can take comfort in the knowledge that it wasn't your services at fault.
It IS a funny old world, and there's nowt so queer as folk.
:hug:

Everyone's right about this....she's a client.

I can imagine it makes you wonder what you did to make her react this way towards you, but tbh, it's not really something you should worry about.

If I was you, next time I saw her I'd smile at her and nod or something so she knows you are approachable. If she wants to re-book, then take her booking and don't ask questions about what was the matter. Best to keep it at a professional level.

xxx

Hi Guys - Thanks for the replies. When I see her next I will say hello and leave it at that and if she wants to come back I will not ask questions. It is sometimes easier to deal with strangers or people close to you but these inbetween relationships are the most difficult I think!

Latest posts

Back