Client says all her nails fell off overnight!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have tried to see the nails i did say i would go today but she just said i would like a refund and how bad it is that they have just fell off, i hope she doesnt try and say she has not recieved the money in the post if she does try that one im going to say well i did offer in person not falling for that one, and the min i post the refund im going to text her and tell i have. bit worried incase she does that. think i just want shut of this client but with all the advice u all have given on here, im going to be more aware and ask alot more questions if this ever happens to me again which i hope it doesnt

If you are going to send the money in the post, make sure you send a cheque, you will def know if she has received and cashed it. You could ring her and tell her you are sending a cheque as you don't trust the post with cash, tell her if she wants cash she will have to come to you!! At least you will see the nails then xxx

I did offer to re do them, but she wants a refund so i have gave in and i will be giving her one, the best of it is she wants me to send the money in the post to her which is really odd making me think the nails could well be still on or they have come of with force and i would be able to tell. just hope she doesnt try it on by saying i have not posted the money even tho i will be monday

you have just kicked youself in the teeth, i know your upset and feeling pretty much like s**t because i've been in the same situation, but you can't let people take the pee out of you, once you start theres no going back, you've been qualified for 6 months and have around 3 clients a week, your obviously good at your job but just need a confidence boost which will come in time, giving some con artist a refund will not help with that. i'd phone her and tell her you want to see the nails before you give her a refund, otherwise you are making the biggest no no in business! i know exactly why you havent asked to see them and thats incase you see them and they have infact 'fallen off' which i doubt very much, but if they have then you look big and offer the refund. if you give in trust me your confidence will be worse than if you stand up for yourself :hug:

I really urge you not to just take her word for it!! Please tell her you need to see them before considering a refund, if the worst has happened and they have "fallen off" (not blimming likely!) then at least you can try and see what happened and use it as 'experience' and If as I'm very much expecting they are still perfect well.....

...but she wants a refund so i have gave in and i will be giving her one, the best of it is she wants me to send the money in the post

Nip this in the bud right away and send her nothing!

Tell her, "I sent you a cash refund. Didn't get it? I'm so sorry. The stamp must've fallen off."

The fact that she will not let you see them is proof positive that the nails are still on her. Why else wouldn't she come by and pick up the refund you've offered...which, by the way, you shouldn't have.

All joking aside, call her and tell her after further consideration you cannot offer her a refund. You must see her nails and can only offer a discount to redo them at this point. You've lost her as a client so what do you have to lose?

Tell her, "I sent you a cash refund. Didn't get it? I'm so sorry. The stamp must've fallen off."

HAHAHAHAHA thats amazing!!! please do this!!! x

Made me cry with laughter hehe

Don't do it! How many shops can u walk in and say my jumper I brought the other day had a split down the seam, oh and its at home but can I have my money back! Tell her that you are not comfortable posting money and that you will drop it off, then you will see for sure what happened! Chances are she won't agree to that as her nails will still be on! How funny if u accidently on purpose bumped into her! Stalk her today and see for yourself!

This is a sure way of making sure you get more customers like her.
She will tell her friends & hey presto that will be all you ever do.

It also means she will try it on with your fellow Geeks, so PLEASE from all of us
DO NOT GIVE A REFUND WITHOUT SEEING THE NAILS FIRST

You will easily be able to tell if they have been helped off or not.

Latest posts

Back